Store Not converting the way it perhaps should

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, my store https://justgoodkit-australia.myshopify.com/

is not converting in the way I expect it should. I want to make sure it has nothing to do with how my store looks, feels and operates. The questions I need Answered include but are not limited to:
1. Is the store easy to navigate?
2. Are there features I can introduce that might bring a customer to purchase more quickly?
3. How can I reduce the number of abandoned carts?
4. Are there scripts I can install that enables upsell at checkout?
I have no problem getting people to my store. If I could just reduce the number of abandon carts That would be the first goal. I am also after a list of things in priority order I can do to improve the site over time.

I hope you can help?

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Just Good Kit,

"Almost two-thirds of shoppers leave items in their cart without making a purchase leading to a huge loss of potential sales". The main reason behind this is uneasy site navigation and wrong-site layout. The ultimate solution is "Site Optimization".Take care of a few points mentioned below for the same:

• Arrange all footer links vertically in a "single column" for a well-defined look.
  • Add "contact form" to "Contact Us" to improve customer interaction.
  • Highlight the "Free Shipping offer" using the orange free shipping bar on the header top.
  • "Trust Badges" should be present on the homepage for effective brand authentication.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Best of luck for your store performance!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
221 17 84

Hey @justgoodki 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times.

Tip #1: Invite customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

Tip #2: 3. Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your  app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts in website.

Tip #3: I suggest you try adding some kind of labels/stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. Also having some more trending or sale products in Home page will quickly grab customers attention. This will help you to grab customer attention & nudge faster purchase decisions

undefinedundefinedScreenshot 2020-05-22 at 2.35.40 PM.png

Try out this and let me know if you want any further help, I'm always happy to help.

Fayaz

PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @justgoodki,

I'm Victor and happy to share my opinion about your questions:

1. Is the store easy to navigate?

Not really because the menu navigation is not sticky, you should make it sticky so users can access it anytime.

The Catalog menu should have nested item of other collections > easy for users to navigate to their preferred collection

2. Are there features I can introduce that might bring a customer to purchase more quickly?

Dynamic check out button can work in product page to make customers buy 1 product immediately. 

Some fomo affect like Product stock availability, a countdown timer can work if you're in a sale promotion.

I also suggest adding Shipping and Refund policy to increase trust.

3. How can I reduce the number of abandoned carts?

In this case, some of the information to fulfill order might take your customers doubted your business, you should clarify why you need to collect that information not in marketing purpose to reduce the chance they leaving check out.

Some pop-up reminder of a cart would be helpful too.

4. Are there scripts I can install that enables upsell at checkout?

You can consider using plug in like Personalize by LimeSpot or Cross Sell app to create upsell/product recommendation in cart.

I hope you can find my answers helpful somehow,

Cheers.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
That is such useful information thank you so much very greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
Thank you so much for your help very greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes