Store Professionalism

Solved
Cford502
Tourist
3 0 0

So I've been up and running for two full weeks & I've had around 1000 visitors and only one conversion. I would like some feedback as to what my customers see when they visit my sight and what I can do to convert them in to buyers. I had a lady tell me yesterday my site seemed sketchy but when ask how she had no explanation. So I'm taking serious advice to ensure this doesn't continue to be an issue, because if she felt this way there could possibly be more and the reason why they aren't converting into buyers. Please check it out ant tell me what needs to be done. https://ridingdirtyapparel.com 

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 43 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Cford502!

Great job on the store so far - it sounds like you're doing a great job driving traffic to it as well, so well done there! My first suggestion would be to change up the site colours - this seems to be a bit hard on the eyes, and may be a big struggle for anyone with vision issues. The visual aspect of a home page is a customer's first impression of your store, so you want this to be a high quality experience. I'd recommend reading through this blog post about theme accessibility - specifically the section under "colour contrast". I'd also suggest choosing a main image of slightly higher quality - this blog offers some great insights into image optimization. Those two things are a great place to start - once you've made some adjustments there, we can keep looking at your site together and possibly offer some other suggestions. Cheers for now!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Cford502,

Congratulations on launching your store!

Well done hearing feedback and taking it seriously, this will take you far.

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I took a look through your store and here are some things I noticed:

First, when designing your website - choosing colors and fonts and etc., personal preferences have to be put aside and instead design it around what is going to appeal to your target market. Nothing wrong with using red or yellow, it's just using them in the right places with the right shade. The bright yellow text against the red banner is a little hard on the eyes.

The text you have written "Receive amazing news and special offers. Click here to learn more!" doesn't contain any links that a person can click to learn more.

The banner image is blurry, I'd recommend swapping this out for a higher quality image. You can find free, stock quality images from http://pixabay.com/.

riding-dirty-home.png

Instead of "Categories", I'd rename it "Shop". The categories are too specific, items like "Women's Long Sleeve" and "Womens V-Neck" make the list unnecessarily long. Womens > Tops would be sufficient. Micro organizing them like you currently have also limits the options that they see and could potentially could be interested in.

riding-dirty-2.png

On your product pages, the images are blurry. You can fix this by uploading an image that is the recommended size or larger. When you upload an image that is smaller than the recommended size, it stretches it to make it the recommended size but you end up loosing the image quality in the process. Another thing is the red text against the dark pink shirt, I'd recommend using a more generic (black or white) color that will work against all of these areas.

screencapture-ridingdirtyapparel-collections-womens-long-sleeve-2021-01-25-13_40_36.png

On the checkout, this pops up:

riding-dirty-3.png

This could be what the lady was referring to as "spammy". The popup is unexpected and unusual for a checkout. You don't want to surprise anyone as they are preparing to give you their payment information.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. I can see there has been some work done there, which is great, I'd just tweak it a little further to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
Cford502
Tourist
3 0 0

I made those changes you suggested. Where do we go from here?

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 43 93

Hey, @Cford502!

Awesome job. Next I'd recommend taking the information that you've written on the homepage under "Made By A Biker For A Biker", and transferring that to your "About Us" page (tips on writing one of these can be found here). There's some great detail there, however on a homepage there should be only a brief written introduction to the brand, so as not to distract from the aesthetic or products.

I'd instead suggest adding some additional sections to the home page and shifting them around a bit. You can check out this group of example stores here, to gather some ideas on how you can arrange sections to really improve the homepage experience. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cford502
Tourist
3 0 0

that was simple enough. Is there anything else?

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2451 142 443

Hello @Cford502, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback on your store:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add reviews in your store. It will help you to build trust with other visitors. 

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increases sales and helps in retaining your customers.

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. 

- Retarget your customers even when they are not your store with the help of a web push notification. 

Maximize customer engagement in your store. It will help you to reduce the bounce rate and increase the conversion and retention rate in your store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.