Store Review

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I have had my Shopify store now for about a month.  I have been running FB ads and am getting a lot of traffic but no conversions.  I fear that my store may not be attractive enough, trustworthy looking or the layout may be incorrect.  It is a General store with no specific niche.  If you could review it and let please give me feedback on it as to how I can make changes for more conversion.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @MarcusNoll  please share a link to your website. I'll take a look and share some feedback on it.

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hello.
My site is at https://miknusa.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @MarcusNoll I analysed your website and it seems to have passed basic website optimisation tests. It's mobile friendly and fonts are legible on mobile devices. A few things which were missing though: 

1. Tracking users with Analytics and Webmaster tools. You need to know what's drawing users to Mikn and where they're coming from. I'd advice that even if you're not looking for detailed analytics, it'll be helpful to install one Analytics service on your website to give you insights. 

2. You should carefully think about how you're doing customer engagement.  Engagement on Mikn should primarily be about understanding what your customers are looking for and showing them relevant inventory from your store. That way when there's an intent-ready traffic (customers willing to purchase), you show them those items which are relevant to them - to directly lead to conversion. You should find apps which help you get these done. 

3. Twitter account for user engagement. Mikn doesn't seem to have a Twitter account. Is that by choice - as part of your user engagement strategy? Twitter is a great place to share your content - which means people who find value in your product offering will connect to you. 

Let's try out these first 3 and see what happens next.

Keep me posted!

Kingston :)

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 92 321

Hey Miknusa,

Store optimization plays a primary role in enhancing the overall conversion rate of the store. However, if the store is not properly maintained then, it might receive some traffic but the sales rate might be very poor. So, my suggestions for store improvement are as follows:

1. The footer needs some work on it. The detailed "About Us" section makes the footer look quite large which is quite awkward. 
  2. So, A seperate "About Us" section needs to be added to the main menu beside the "Track your order" option to solve this issue.
  3. Footer links need to be shifted to the left to neutralize the space emptied by the about us section.
  4. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  5. Login, when added, should be placed beside the cart, search bar and currency converter for a more systematic header view.
  6. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram to expand customer connectivity.
  7. Instagram images and testimonials need to be added for better brand promotion.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store optimization yield you a lot more sales.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
278 14 54

Hi  MarcusNol ,

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header/Footer 

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a login, smart  search where people can type in the products they’re looking for.

Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator and let your social links open in a new tab so your customers don’t have to leave your store to check your social media pages. Your footer section is too broad it need to be more streamline with secure badges and useful links. You’re about us content need to be minimize and for more it need to anchor to About Us Page.

Home Page 

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage.  Add testimonial carousels,  product slideshows, featured collections, display instagram feed and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.

Collection Page 

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views, 2nd image on hover and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.

Product Page 

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, unique product titles/descriptions, Related Products , cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button.

Cart Page 

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more.

You can also install the all-in-one MS Complete Cart Customizer app If you want to get all these features and more in 1 app so you can easily reduce cart abandonment & improve conversions.

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.

Integrations on your store 

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions?

1. Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks on Google.
  2. Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:
  3. Include live chat option that is visible on every page of your store to keep your customers happy and retain them.
  4. There needs to be a strong colour coordination among all the colours used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colours used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  5. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  6. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed. Make your site mobile-friendly.
  7. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and colour coordination.

May the store improvement help you to convert visitors to customers very soon. 

Good Luck :)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
998 48 146

Hey @MarcusNoll 

You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If you want to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 2 1

Hi MarcusNoll,

I love the variety of great and unique products that you have on your site. One suggestion to increase conversions on your website is to offer buy now, pay later options for customers to increase conversions, increase average order value and reduce shopping cart abandonment. These installment options are becoming especially relevant for fashion merchants and about 90% of retailers are looking into installment options today.  

Here is a little more information and how to get started. 

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this helps!

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
359 41 73

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see you have received ample feedback on the site design and the user experience of the store. Instead, I want to know a little more about the business itself. How did you validate the demand for your products? What niche are you attempting to target? In a typical marketing campaign, how are you targeting people who are both interested in pet products and fitness gear? It seems you are trying to target wildly different customer segments. 

Have you created some marketing personas for your business? These will help you focus on who your customers are and how you can best target them. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi, is there someone I can talk to and review my website? I have received
a lot of solicitations from people trying to sell me something and don't
want this type of help. I want Shopifys help or a successful store owner
to give me suggestions not to sell me a new app. Thank you.
0 Likes