Hi - Would anyone be willing to review my shop at www.littlegreenpapershop.com. We offer a range of seedpaper and eco friendly cards and wedding invitations. I have mostly used another platform for selling but have just moved to Shopify. Had a few issues which I wont raise as I don't want to guide the feedback, but it would be great to see what people think.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly #1 Shopify Page Builder. After a careful review of your store, I have some comments on your home page as follows:
1. Make your hero banner more appealing:
One good point about your current hero banner is that it states clearly what products your store is selling: Tree-free stationery. However, you can improve it by changing the background image to another that is more visually appealing. I can see it is a pile of paper for now, but it is too close-up and it takes a while for the customers to image. So I advise you to change it to a more eye-catching, imaginable, and high-quality image.
Laneige US is a good example of a clear hero banner that you can learn from. Their image has a high resolution, and they display product images so everyone knows immediately they sell skincare.
Laneige US's hero banner
2. Too many CTA buttons with the same style:
You currently have too many CTA buttons on your home page, including Shop Now, View all, Shop Stationery, Shop Greeting Cards, Read more about our paper, etc. First, one page should only have one outstanding CTA button. Second, different CTA buttons must have different stylings. For now, your "Shop Now" button is the same as "View more" and "Read more about our papers". You should reduce the number of CTA on your page, and also change the styling of those buttons to make them distinguishable.
You can refer to Shopify website https://www.shopify.com/. They only have one CTA throughout the page "Start free trial", and all the buttons of the same content are consistent in stying.
3. Make a sticky cart: For now, your header with search bar and cart button will disappear if I scroll down. The same happens to your menu navigation (Home, Shop, About us etc). Making the header and menu sticky allows the customers to click on their cart and jump to the page they want no matter where they are on the home page, which increases convenience for customers.
You can learn more about sticky header in section 3.2 of this guide. Even though the guide is for mobile, most tips are applicable to laptops as well. Best of luck!
Hey there @aect1985 ! Amazing store out there. There's nothing much to suggest on my end, but here are small-small things that I found might help you towards the betterment of your store -
1. Your favicon is not visible there. Maybe a white version of it would do good!
2. Due to the white background, your fonts seem to be small. Either you need to come up with a different set of fonts, or make the existing fonts bold and increase its size (a little bit).
3. Why don't you come up with a blog section and talk about your plan and online store? This way customers will come to know about your movement!
4. If you're into personalized cards, then you should communicate it on your homepage - it would attract that chunk of the crowd who are looking for personalized greetings!
You've come up with a lovely store. Now, it's time for you to strategize your sales and marketplace movement. You need to expose your store to different marketplaces for better visibility from online shoppers! Don't straightaway run your ads, rather make combination of social media marketing and google ads! Let me know if we can be of any help to you.
Let me know if we can be of any help to you!
I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations!
We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning our sales/marketing/social media strategy!
As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey ! It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce ecosystem!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-.
Hi @aect1985 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.