Store Reviews Needed - TIA

6 0 0

Hello everyone! I recently started my store. I would love to get feedback on the store layout, product pages, designs, and anything else constructive.

Thanks so much! ?

https://www.LavishDash.com

0 Likes
Explorer
107 0 19

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

After looking I couldn't find a support email address. A lot of people don't want to fill out a contact form, many prefer to seek help through email. I suggest adding a support email address so people can more easily reach you.

You might consider adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

After looking I couldn't find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 56 117

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Your store is looking fantastic! Really, very well done on that front! You have clearly cultivated your brand and have a strong sense of self and it rings throughout the page, very well done on that front! Mark has made some fantastic points which I would love to expand on a little bit.

As Mark has mentioned, having the option to leave a review has become so important for online stores. The biggest obstacle for you as an ecommerce store owner is building trust between your brand and your customer. Nobody wants to have bad reputation. Good quality products, reliability, and helpfulness all add up to the way your customers perceive you and your business.

Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them.

In fact:

• 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
  • 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
  • 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
  • As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
  • 80% of consumers have changed their mind about purchases based on NEGATIVE information they have found online. (ReputationAdvocate)
  • On average, 75 percent of reviews posted on review websites are positive, and 71 percent of consumers agreed that reviews make them more comfortable that they are purchasing the right product or service.

In other words, reviews have real value for consumers and people now depend on them.

As Mark mentioned, having a blog can really encourage your customer to come back to read more content at a later date and they very well may purchase from you again when doing so. This is a marketing strategy known as content marketing. Your customer has already landed on your site and now you want to ensure they come back again, what better way to do that than to have free content to entertain them. Having a blog will also help you establish your brand voice even more and it really helps with SEO. SEO can play a huge part in bringing in sales and potential customers. The key to SEO is understanding what your customers will be looking for and ensuring your site is set up to best manage the products and content they are seeking. They say 80% of SEO is content. Want to learn all about content marketing? You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified! https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/content-marketing

Speaking of SEO, it would appear that your site is missing ALT descriptions for your product images. Luckily adding an alt description is super easy to do and can be done so as outlined in this doc which can be found in our help centre the home of all our help docs!

The long and short of it is that adding alt descriptions helps you rank better in Google because it is telling Google what your images are and so your products can show up in Google image searches. Having the descriptions there also makes your site more accessible for anyone with any kind of visual impairment as their screen readers can read what the image is for them. So while making your page that bit more accessible you are also improving your SEO. Here is a great guide to writing truly effective alt descriptions for your product images.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
91 1 7

Hi, the first thing i noticed was your logo, it's not clear that it says Lavish Dash. It caught my attention and made me think about that rather than your products.

Sorry to say that, it obviously is important to your brand.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thank you everyone for the advice.

I was supposed to update the logo and had not gotten around to it.

I have 3 blog entries, but I'm trying to come up with more content that is genuine. I don't want to rush through it and start to sound cliche. I took them down waiting on the Shopify team to update something for me.

As far as reviews, my products do not have any yet because the store just opened. I guess I can use the basic reviews on quality of the pieces.

I have never heard of the buy button scrolling with the page (or I just had not paid any attention to it before). I will have to see about that one.

I updated my contact page and information in the footer. I want and need to be reachable. 

My next project was to update the on page SEO and alt tag for images, so I'm on it.

I'm happy to see I am on track with the storefront, now onto bringing in the traffic!!

Thanks again everyone!

0 Likes