Store Setup Best Practices - New to Shopify

1 0 0

Hi everybody,

I appreciate your input on this as we are relatively new to Shopify. So we have one item for sale, and we are beginning to populate with other items. Here is the initial store. I appreciate your thoughts on our product page.

Additionally here is our website they may give you some greater context. http://www.jetpackartistventures.com

Appreciatively

John 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 48

Hi, @JPisciotta.

Morgan here from the Social Team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Shopify! I love the concept of your brand and the work you have put into the video content, and explanation of you product.

I do want to offer feedback on the UX (user experience) and layout of your store. Your store is unique in the sense that you have one product, which gives you a lot of other space to story tell. Like music, your website and brand can do the same thing, of telling your story in a chronological way that flows.

My first suggestion is to consider a theme that plays to your strengths. You don't need to go out and pay for a premium theme, however, there are a few themes that are a bit more advanced and laid out specifically to tell a story. I can't pin point the exact theme you are using currently, but I recommend taking a look into Narrative and Jumpstart. Both of which have great layouts for storytelling and are free. If you did want to look into a paid theme though, the theme Story is also a great option.

In terms of layout, I recommend taking most of the content out of you product description and creating a "rich text" section on your home page for that information to reside. Doing this will remove the long narrow print that drags on down your homepage, and be replaced with an easier to read passage, hopefully in a better location.

Finally, I highly highly suggest reading this "One Sku/Small Sku Store" blog post. It's a wealth of information to make a one product store feel complete and tell an entire brand story. This is the first thing I would do before making any changes to the store.

You are definitely well on your way, but if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to write back and ask. Myself and other Shopify folk linger the forums frequently and will get back to you right away!

Side note: Have you ever considered doing a kickstarter for your book? If not, I recommend taking a peek at their platform. It's a great way to build hype and generate cash flow for this product or your next product to come! 

Keep on rocking!

Cheers,
Morgan | Shopify Social Team

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like