Store critique please

Highlighted
4 0 0

http://bubbynbear.ca

Would someone be willing to critique my store? I am a newbie. I seem to have a lot of traffic or so shopify is telling me, but a very high bounce rate and no sales. 

I am fumbling through Facebook ads and am not having much luck. But admittedly my budget for advertising is pretty much non existent. 

Can you notice any glaring things? Or am I just targeting the wrong people. 

Thanks. Be gentle. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 52

Hi, Stephanie

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

Your shop is looking great :)

In terms of sticking to a budget for social media marketing, I'd suggest adding Kit. It's this awesome app/ bot that helps you set goals and stick to a marketing budget, and the app is now free to add, so it might be a big help. This blog post goes into some more detail about using Kit if you're interested.

Sticking with the marketing idea, this is a super inspirational blog post/podcast about a kid's clothing company; The Facebook Video that Turned 5 Million Views Into Over $200,000 In Sales.

I'd also suggest thinking about how people are viewing your site Mobile vs. Desktop are things easy to navigate and find? Are you directing people to your homepage or using more direct links and promotions? This blog post might also be a good all-rounder for you to review; 5 Psychological Design Tactics that Make Brains Tick and Visitors Click.

Creating some trust in your brand and fostering a community through blog posts, newsletters. etc is another great thing to compliment your marketing and growth efforts. It also looks like you have an excellent response rate on your Facebook page. Perhaps the idea of integrating messaging services might be a good compliment. We have a Messenger channel you can add as well.

One quick typo I did notice is Rihanna's name was misspelled in your homepage description! I know this is a lot to take in but I hope it gives you some inspiration moving forward. Please let us know if you need a hand with your shop along the way.

Best, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1022 0 109

Hi, Stephanie! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

I love your store colors and the logo.

The featured image on your homepage is really cute - consider adding a short tagline and a CTA [call to action] telling people more about the products and asking people to click the image and browse your collections. Make sure to link the image to the relevant collection as well. It will create stronger customer journey and a sales funnel.

Consider adding more products to your homepage - perhaps a featured collection with 6-9 products displayed in grid. There is still not enough products on your homepage, and too much attention is put on the newsletter form, the blog and Instagram feed. Make sure that the latter elements [non-sales elements] carry less weight on your homepage than the products and collections.

The product page looks great and I love your round product images. The collection page [list of all sub-collections] needs better layout: https://bubbynbear.ca/pages/girls-apparel-toddler The images are too small and the text within them can be difficult to read on some devices [make sure to make your website 100% accessible, it’s part of the positive UX - user experience]. Consider making the icons larger and create a bigger contrast between the background and the font color.

Shipping - consider adding more content here with more details about the shipping process, couriers used, dispatch time etc. Make sure to find the details from the dropshipper, it’s an important trust factor, and it will help you improve the conversion rate within your store. Consider working with a fulfillment center in order to reduce the shipping / delivery times.

Returns - great content. Make sure to hyperlink email addresses for a 1-click-contact.

About us page - consider adding this page. The more content you have, the quicker you’ll start ranking in Google. Make sure to tell more about your brand, your story, what inspired you to start this business, and also add a photo of your team and your warehouse / retail premises if you have one. Add internal links, H tags and bolded key phrases to target your specific keywords. Learn more: How to completely SEO your Shopify pages.

SEO score: 59/100

If you liked this website review and would like to receive feedback on your website, please order your Full website critique today:

http://www.rockpapercopy.com/critiques.html

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Skyrocket your traffic with Complete SEO package!

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes