Store feedback from the experts

Solved
Tourist
5 0 3

Hey there,

Wanted to reachout to this amazing community for some feedback on our store:

www.fleeceandhide.com

Since launching a couple of months ago we have been seeing some good levels of traffic come to the store but a low conversion to sale. Would love to get some feedback from people in this forum on our website and any potential areas for improvement.

Thanks so much!

Ciaran

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @fleeceandhide 

I think you have really nice and thoughtful product. Glad to share some ideas with you here:

HOME PAGE

- The banner is really good and clearly tells visitors about what products you sell and what make you special, but hover effect for the button can be a good idea to capture attention as well

- Signifying product price from Home page can be helpful for shoppers because they will know if they can afford the product, if the can, they might scroll more to learn

- The sign up form:

Pay attention to the spacing: Spacing between the small text should be smaller than between the heading and small text

Think another way to encourage sign-ups: I think the current reason isn't very good, should be something for your customers, not about you:

PageFly_0-1606193107786.png

- Add a testimonial section: you may hear about it a lot, but it's still something we should do to increase trust from the visitors - the primary factor affects buying decision.

PRODUCT PAGE

- The buttons should have the same style: Buy it now button should be border radius too, and as it seems to be the primary button, it should be at least as big as the Add to cart button

PageFly_0-1606193424112.png

- The customers may wait, so it's nice if your provide estimate time for the product to be delivered

- The current product description is nice and easily to scan but it can be developed to many sections below the product details 

PageFly_1-1606193695405.png

For example: you can have a section telling about the Benefits: free shipping, 22 similar pairs available, giving back and a section contain a video of model wearing the shoes

CART PAGE

- Make your Check out button more outstanding than the Update cart: we want the customer to check out, not update cart. The update cart might have white background with pink text

PageFly_2-1606193855549.png

Moreover, FOMO marketing is worth trying too, it can be applied to your sign-up form (give exclusive deal for people who sign up). If you are interested in some nice strategies, take a look at our guide https://pagefly.link/FXHPCgax 

I hope you will get some ideas to optimize now. If they are, please like the answer. Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day and best of luck to you!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Shopify Partner
2090 117 381

Hello @fleeceandhide, I hope you are doing well! The look & feel of your store is good. There are some changes & improvements that you need to do. Below are some quick points:

- After displaying the collection on the homepage, give product recommendations like new arrival, trending now. 

- Add a title for the Instagram feed section.

You should have a wide range of products. Internet shoppers will likely spend more time and more money on your online store if you have a wide variety of products to offer. If you only have a limited range of offerings, you might miss out on making sales.

Some essential marketing tools that are missing in your store & that you should add to your store to convert the traffic coming to your store into paying customers & will increase conversion rate:

- Add reviews on the homepage & the product page. When assessing a site, we want to know what others have thought of the products they sell and the service provided. That is where customer reviews come in, they are an indicator that other people have shopped on the site and enjoyed their purchase. 

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

- Retarget your customers even when they are not in your store in real-time with the help of push notifications.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Welcome customer with welcome & discount popup.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Tourist
5 0 3

@PageFly 

This is so helpful thank you so much for having a look at our site, we have some great tips here to help us out.

Lots of the recommendations that you suggest, would they require a good knowledge of coding in order to implement? We have some basic knowledge but it is not very advanced, so wanted to see the best way for us to start to make some of these changes (we're using the Brooklyn theme).

A couple of more specific questions if you would be able to help:

- testimonial section, how could we add this to the homepage? we have also been featured in some press articles and would like to add that too, would it need to be using an app? there is no module within the Brooklyn theme that I think would allow us to do that.

- product description, when you say many sections do you mean like collapsible/ accordion style for each of the blocks of content?

Tourist
5 0 3

@AiTrillion 

This awesome thanks so much for taking a look. I love the product review suggestion, we have some great reviews that we can share. What are some of the ways we could look to add these to the product pages and a carousel on the homepage?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Excursionist
34 3 13

Hey @fleeceandhide,

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either copied or not unique. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

Shopify Partner
2090 117 381

Hello @fleeceandhide, you're welcome. You can install the app AiTrillion and add those reviews.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Hi @fleeceandhide 

- About testimonial section, it would require custom code, but it'd be great if you try out PageFly https://pagefly.link/JEkAJspT We have a free plan with all feature, and you can test 1 page with it

- About product description, I mean you can have more section below the product to explain more about it, like this example https://pagefly.link/hkPtenMC

Hope the answer helps

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season