Store feedback - lots of traffic, few sales.

2 0 0

Hi Guys,

I am a relatively new store. We manufacture a waterproof cot sheet for babies. Its an original design and so far the feedback has been really great. We are generating steady traffic from instagram/facebook targeted advertising but sales seem to have suddenly stopped. No issues with customer satisfaction. 

I am looking for feedback on the layout and navigation through our store and any suggestions to try and increase conversions without spending fortune on plugin apps. Happy to utilise some apps that are worthwhile, but as a startup we need to be conservative!

One of the biggest issues I think is the shipping costs. I can't seem to find a good way to show estimated shipping costs (we ship internationally from Australia) before people get to the checkout. 

www.littlehumanlinens.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1706 26 183

Hello,

Your website Looking Awesome.

-> You have less in niche, you can increase your products. It helps your customer visits more time.
-> Write your store blogs, It helps for increasing of SEO. And regularly post your products on social media pages, It helps for increasing of traffic.
-> And in Instagram you can add hashtags, When you utilize particular hashtags that portray your post content, you're currently classifying your feed simultaneously. Certain clients seek particular hashtags to discover new individuals to take after and content that motivates them, so your most logical option it to utilize hashtags that reflect what sort of gathering of people you're attempting to target.

You can increase your products by using of Appfreaker Supply, Appfreaker Supply is used for to import the products from Appfreaker to your store.
What's more, you can discover "Appfreaker Supply" on application, Appfreaker Supply is supplies your required expected items to you with your own marking and labels.
And It’s newly added two Features like Suggested Titles for products and Customized Shipping.
Suggested Titles:
It’s providing few suggested titles for the products so that you can choose any of them while importing the product into your shopify store. Set your Preferences in My Settings and import the product by Editing. It helps in your website's SEO as your products title will be unique.
Customized Shipping:
This feature is used for Customer can choose their shipping method while purchasing the product at shopify store. Set your Preferences in My Settings and import the product, then aliexpress shipping methods are available at shopify store checkout page.
Customize Shipping Methods Importance:
-> Improved shopper confidence through full transparency into shipping costs.
-> Increased conversion because shoppers can select options based on price and speed, making them feel more in control.
-> Less effort.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

I liked your store and its layout. According to me, everything seems fine in your store. It looks quite elegant. I would suggest you add some engagement tools. Before spending your money on ads you need to make sure your store is ready to capture and engage them. If not then you may end up losing your money. What I want to say is you need to focus on customer engagement and retention before investing in ads.  You need some advanced tools like advanced email marketing, loyalty rewards, reviews + Q&A, web push notifications, workflow automation, smart pop-ups, announcement bar, chatbot, product recommendations, actionable analytics all integrated with each other and powered with Artificial intelligence. All these features are a must-have for an eCommerce store.  It will help you to stimulate your customer's engagement & re-engage and retain them. 

Make sure you use all in one engagement app so as to optimize the speed of your store. 

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Shipping costs will always be an issue for a ecom store. Have you tried raising your prices but then saying you offer free shipping? We have a few clients that target parents online and my feedback will be based on being their ad agency the last couple years.

I would start off selling only in Australia and getting your marketing to work before trying to ship internationally. I also might consider a different colour scheme for your site as black and grey can be dark and your product might show off better on a light background.

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would increase the text size as it can be hard to read at times on the grey background

3. Your site felt a bit slow, I would double check your images are not slowing down your site's speed. If your site is to slow, people will leave and not buy

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your other product. This can help increase your average order value and make it easier for people to see what else you sell

2. Similar to the homepage, not a huge fan of the grey background

3. Also looking at making the text bigger and easier to read

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
2 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks so much for the feedback.

I initially had shipping factored into the price, but think the higher price was putting people off. As soon as I ran a sale, I had an increase in sales. 

Eventually, as we get more traction and are able to negotiate better manufacturing costs, this will be something we will work toward again.

I have continued to enable international shipping, as we do get some traffic from overseas, but have decided to refocus our efforts in Australia, both with marketing and website announcements etc. 

I have removed the carousel as suggested, focusing on a single quality image instead.

I have increased the text size, swapped to a lighter background across the website and reduced the size of the images. 

I'm still working on a product suggestor at the bottom of the existing product page as this will prob need to be a plugin app as my theme doesn't support this.

I've also put reviews on the front-page right under the main picture for increased social credit. 

I added our product video to the bottom of the homepage and also on the 'what we do page'.

Can I have your feedback on if you think the video is helpful or not?

Thank you again for the quality feedback!

0 Likes

Hi Kellee

That makes sense you saw a bump in orders once you ran a sales promotion. That is normal to see... I would be worried if that did not happen. If someone orders from outside Australia, then ship to them of course but it's good to stick to Australia for marketing and get that in a good place. Plus you won't stretch your resources (money) as thin across multiple countries.

This looks 100% better and it's a lot easier to see and read. The customer reviews are in a perfect spot and really make the site look more trust worthy. Hopefully you like the airy and lighter look and feel to your site as well. 

One thing a lot of brands do is offer flat rate shipping to a country. Pick the most expensive option for ground shipping that is trackable. Then list that in a chart for the country. You can still offer other more expensive shipping opens that won't take one or two weeks but that is one way around the shipping cost issue. Have you tried this before?

--

Duane

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I do not see the United States as an option in the dropdown menu at checkout. Do you not ship to the US? If you are able to see where your abandoned carts are coming from, it would be interesting to see what % is US.

Also, as far as shipping costs, I would show live rates regardless of location. That way you are sure to be showing the best possible rate no matter who is buying. You could also offer free ground in Australia and charge a little extra for expedited - that way you are satisfying people that want free shipping, and those that want fast shipping. Are you showing duties and taxes calculation at checkout for international shipments? Cross-border buyers really want that assurance they won't get hit with extra fees after checkout. Lastly, showing estimated delivery dates at checkout also helps with conversions. People want to know exactly when to expect their packages. You'll probably need a third party app to do all of this, take a look at ShipperHQ

0 Likes