Store feedback please! (New to this!)

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I'd love to get feedback on my store.  At the moment I'm concerned about bouncerate - we are getting c. 60% bouncerate on our landing page (small traffic sample, but still).  I'd love to see that come down, and I'm wondering what I could do to improve it.  We have a decent conversion rate (>2.5% last week) but if we can just slow people down that would help too.

thanks

Site is:  www.rowdykind.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go.

Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

I'm providing you some app links that might be useful. 

Links - https://apps.shopify.com/urgency-pack-ultimate?surface_detail=urgency&surface_inter_position=1&surfa...

https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-sales-boost?surface_detail=urgency&surface_inter_position=1&surfac...

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

Agree with the recommendation shared earlier. With only two products (both of which are similar), it can be a challenge to cast a broad enough net to appeal to different customers/generate clicks. 

-the product title font could be a little hard to read.

-kind to planet is great but that blurb could be more descriptive. I'm not familiar with your product so going a little deeper than "Our product..." For example, "Our handmade hair and everywhere bars are plastic free and ...."

-if your slider/hero image has the option of being clickable, you could add a "shop now" or "learn more" button there

-testimonials are good but could benefit from a little more depth

Although the homepage bounce rate is something to consider, abandoned cart email experiments can go a long way to increasing your conversion rate. 

Shawn

Marketing Strategy @ DeepVarnish

https://experts.shopify.com/shawn-graham

0 Likes
Highlighted

We work on 3 kids brands right now and have tons of experience marketing to parents. Here are some ways to prove your product pages:

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page. Right now I don't see information for this.

2. I would work on the format of your product description, adding in bullet points or making it look easier on the eyes then two long paragraphs goes a long way

3. I would think about font colours as I feel you have to much purple on the page. Great design is about knowing when less is more... you might want to remove the purple product description text and make it black instead

4. Continue to work on and improve your product images, these are always one of the biggest drivers of sales as people decided if they want to buy something based on images of the product

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks!  What do you mean by abandoned cart experiments? according to shopify we've only had one abandoned cart, which was due me blocking it by accident.  We've followed up with them and they've since converted.  How would you run these experiments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 3 12

Great question. Just meaning continuing to monitor your abandoned carts and, if you get to the point where you have multiples per month, looking for opportunities to increase conversions there. For example, experimenting with your subject line, timing of when you send the follow up emails, content of your email. Does that make sense? With only one, you don't have enough data yet. But over time that's one place to focus. 

0 Likes