Store feedback request

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello

I would appreciate any views you may have on my store.  Layout, design etc.

www.loungecollectionltd.co.uk

Best regards

Topcat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
106 0 19

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

After looking I couldn't find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2666 190 422

Hi John, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really great work with your store so far. It makes sense and I like the name also. I did spot a couple of things you could look into adding/ altering to take it to the next level. Let's take a look at them below:

• The first thing I noticed was that there was no homepage slideshow and the store jumps straight into the products. Adding a slideshow or an image is a great way to display/ highlight some of your best selling product and add an experience of sorts to the store. By displaying the products right off the bat, it gave me an unfinished feeling of sorts. You can add a homepage image via Online Store > Themes > Customizer > Add section > Image. The content team at Shopify actually wrote a blog post about Homepage Design which you might find useful with other potential ideas. I also found another blog post from a Shopify Theme developer (Out of the Sandbox) about the best ways to use your homepage settings which you can read here
  • Something else I saw was the top navigation bar didn't involve a link back to the homepage or your About Us page. The home and About Us tabs (among others also, but these are the most common) add a complete professional look to a store as well as making it as simple as possible for the visitor to get back to the homepage as well as read your store's story. Similar to adding an image at the top, the navigation bar is a guide for the entire site rather than just the products. Shopify has a couple of great guides which go into menu links and set up in detail, you can read them here and here
  • I touched on making the About Us page more visible on the main navigation menu in the previous point. Your About Us page is great but I would look into adding more about the story and why behind Loung Collection and take away the contact and payment details. You have the contact and payment details displayed in other places of your store already and by repeating them here it is taking away an opportunity for you to add more of your story. People love stories and stories sell, by telling the story of your store, passion for good looking furniture visitors will see and feel the passion and be more likely to purchase something. The content team at Shopify wrote a blog post about how to write a persuasive About Us page as well as one with some examples of great About Us pages which you can take some inspiration from. 

In general, your store is in a great place and ready to be taken to the next level. Hopefully, some of the tips above can help you do that. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks Nick for all those tips.

I used to have a banner image with some script centered on it,  which I believed to be a value proposition.  But I removed it after reading such banners were ''old hat'.

But then I don't  suppose banners amount to a Homepage.  So I'll be busy studying the Shopify articles on this matter as well as the others you pointed me to.

Thanks again Nick.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

I just had look into your store. It's Looking Great!!
I have observed few things on your store, Some of the item's gallery images are not selected i mean when i go to except 1st gallery image its shows 1st image like https://loungecollectionltd.co.uk/collections/contemporary-modern/products/icarus-glass-top-coffee-t....
And I suggest you can add your store blog, It helps for Increasing of your SEO. And you can promote your store products regularly with offers in store social media pages.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you Appfreaker.

Your'e right, there is no show from some of the gallery images.  I was unaware of that.  Need to get on to Beeketing about that.

I'll be starting a blog to soon.

Best regards

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

Hey,

As an app developer, I have to say the first thing I notice at your store is the popup. It shows up immediately after I land on your site. It won't help you get customers' emails. When they land on your site, let them explore your products first. If you show the popup immediately, your customers will just close it for sure (I did).

So set your popup to delay for a few seconds.

Yes, it sounds biased but if you are interested in creating popups with time trigger (like delay for 10 seconds, or appear only when customers are about to exit your site), you could try our free SiteKit app.

The app also allows you to create sticky header bar, so your Free UK Shipping announcement would be more noticeable.

Best,

SiteKit - a full conversion booster platform with every promotion tool you need: https://www.getsitekit.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks Sam

I will switch to Sitekit.  The existing pop-up doesn't seem to have the exit option.

Best regards

John

0 Likes