Hello. My store is https://lashes2cute.com/ . I have alot of visits and sessions but only little sales. I went live in December 2020. I'm confused and frustrated and would love to get feedback on what I could do different with my store. I've done Facebook and Instagram ads. I understand I'm just starting out, but is there something in my store that is just not right? Thanks alot!
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Hello @HeatherI1 How are you doing?
I am Johnny, a professional shopify developer, ecommerce marketer with over 4 years of experience.
I have reviewed your store and what I see as the factors contributing to your low traffic conversion are the following:
* Store design/layout: Your store layout and design is not professionally done. You could have imagined it that if you're the traffic visiting a web store and the design is like that, will it attract you to make a purchase even if the store is full of quality products? What you need to optimize includes
1. Banners: Make use of well designed graphic
2. Favicon: Lack of Favicon in your store makes it to look shabby and un authentic and fading
3: social media integration: You make use of Facebook and Instagram to run ads but you don't have a business page on these platforms let alone of connecting them to your store. Traffic/Potential buyers expect your store to be in a level whereby they can reach out to you any time. You can also make use of that to build your social media presence SMO and SEO.
4. Reviews: As a new store, it's very hard to convert new customers. The reason is because no one trust you. You have the best opportunity to solve this by adding reviews to your store.
5. Sales funnel: Your store might be prone to losing more and more traffic every day if you did not develop a sales funnel for the store. The reason is because traffic coming to a store/website for the very first time has just 5% chances of making a final purchase since they either get to your store through your ads or through random google search. The best thing to do and convert these traffic is through sales funnel
Do you find these useful and helpful? kindly tick Like and Accept Solution.
Do you ned urgent solution for your store for conversion optimization? Contact me.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a few feedback on it, and I hope it helps
1. Add Sticky Header
I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want.
2. Search bar
Secondly, the search bar is a little bit hard to see. The use of only an icon, its size, and nearby competing elements impact the field’s visibility
Favicon serves as branding for your website. Its main purpose is to help visitors locate your page easier when they have multiple tabs open.
It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop now” button on your banner. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page
5. Font and size of text
I would suggest you change the font and size of the text. Using bold text with all CAP characters makes it a bit too much. Please highlight and add anchor text for this paragraph as well
6. Chat box and Testimonials can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store.
You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder.
If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!
Hello @HeatherI1, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -
And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
- I would recommend you to go for a white theme.
- Add a favicon.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Display reviews on the homepage.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
This is an accepted solution.
I've taken a look through your store and have a few suggestions.
First I'll touch on the first impression of your website. When you are choosing colors, fonts, the overall look and feel of your website, you have to put personal preference aside and instead design your website around what would appeal to your target audience. Some of the color choices such as the bold black font over the fuchsia background are hard on the eyes. If you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products. We did a video on homepages that convert, I'd recommend giving it a watch:
My next suggestion is to spend some time on your SEO. You have your items named things like "3D COTTON CANDY" or "3D WATERMELLON", the problem with names like this is that a person trying to find lashes online is not going to type "3D WATERMELLON" into Google, they will likely type something like "3D wispy lashes". By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure that you are including the same words that a person would be using when they are doing their search. We did a whole video on this and how to edit it within your Shopify store:
When you have 3D, 4D, 5D etc.. I would make sure you are letting the visitor know what the difference is, don't assume they know.
I would also recommend adding additional product photos to each listing that shows the lashes being worn.
My final recommendation is to get signed up with TikTok (if you aren't already) and start sharing makeup looks with your lashes. Since TikTok is a newer platform, it's easier to reach people and you will grow much much faster than you would on Instagram or Facebook. I'd give this a watch as well:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!