Store feedback

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Hello, I would like that someone reviews my store and tell me what they think. The store is: www.mycatsale.com
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi @Selvedin,

Nick here from Shopify. Great work on your store so far! There are a few things I noticed which you could alter/ add to help take your store to the next level. Let's take a look at them below:

• I took a look at your About Us page. I think it is good, but could be utilized much better and more effectively to tell your story rather than offering shipping information or other details. What you have now doesn't overly tell much about who you are or why you're selling. I think to focus on why you love cats and how your love inspired you to start a store such as this. People will resonate with your passion as it is real and help them get invested in your brand and eventually purchase something. The content team at Shopify wrote a great blog post about how to write About Us pages which you can find here
  • A lot of the information you had in your About Us page could be consolidated and moved to a separate Shipping page. There is no exact layout for a shipping page, it is completely up to you, but it's somewhere on your store where you can put information like this so it doesn't get in the way of your branding or storytelling in the About Us page for example. Shopify's partner Oberlo wrote a great blog post with some Shipping Page templates which could give you some inspiration here
  • Something else I noticed is that you didn't have any social media links visible. This is something I would look into adding and if you haven't created social media profiles for your brand yet, I would start with that. Social media isn't necessary but it certainly helps build an audience and show validity for your store. There is a great third party article which goes into detail about this which I think you might find valuable. You can read it here

You're well on your way and hopefully, these tips help!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Hello Nick. Thank you so much, that helped me a lot. I have a Facebook and
Instagram page, I will link those down at the quick links.
The about us information are just the basics for it and there should be
much more writen.
One thing I would like to know. Is that everything what you find on my
store like issues or is there more?
Also I was interested to create an facebook add and I am interested to make
those one like aliexpress has with a lot of products to slide, like on the
photo below, can you help me with that, because I couldn't find an option
for it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

No problem at all @Selvedin.

I wouldn't say there are any issues per se. I'm personally not a huge fan of the Facebook chat in the corner as it doesn't often blend in with the rest of the store. 

19-11-l13pb-e7d2n

I use another app which I feel compliments a lot of stores much better called Tidio which also has a free plan. You can see a link to Tidio here

Facebook ads can be a difficult task to figure out and if you are interested in doing them, I would recommend doing some research and trying to learn as much as possible about it beforehand. The Shopify academy have a great course on Facebook ads which I would highly recommend doing before jumping into any. You can see a link to the course here. The content marketing team also wrote a blog post with a small step by step guide for Facebook ads which you can read here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Selvedin 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Thank you for the tips, but I already added reviews to nearly every
product, they are under the product, maybe you didn't saw them.
Also this is the first time I am doing something like this and I am very
happy to hear that you like it :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
I had done some facebook ads in the past, but I they was just for the page promotion.
They are difficult, I know, because you had to pick out the right audience and I understand that it needs some research before starting.
But if I do any of them, I would be only interested for the one I mention above. With a slide show of the best products, that's what I want.
I look from my own perspective and about 80% of those ads got me to click on them.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  4. Add some more social links for better connectivity.
  5. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  6. Also, You have around 35 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
998 49 148

Your home page is missing few things. I would set it out like this. I'd also stick to your

slideshow images only.

Slideshow Image

Collection List Image With Text ( Something Interesting )

Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative )

Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )

Main Menu: I would arrange it like this-

Home Products or Shop Now ( drop down to collections )

Blog ( Build A Connection )

About

Contact

The header and footer are too broad.Reduce size.

Get a logo as it helps in brand identification. The slider images are not properly adjusted in the first fold. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

Work on the engagement part. Create an engaging and interactive website. I see engagement missing in your store. No matter how good your products are, but your bottom-line will not increase until and unless you reach the ears of your customers. You need to start focusing on marketing on a prior basis.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Thank you, that help me a lot.
Could you gibe me a recommendation for a app which sends e-mails to someone who has left items in the cart, like e-bay has?
Kind regards.
0 Likes