Store feedback.

henrbu
7 0 0

Hello. Launched store and actually I am upset that right now I have 100 - 150 visitors per day and still can't manage a single sale. I would like to hear your opinion what is wrong with my store or as I thought it might be the product. LINK to store, thanks for opinion, suggests and advice.

Please don't send direct message with your 'extra' help for money or any other ways to get money from me. Also don't suggest your premium themes, programming hand and etc. I believe it's possible to figure out without it. Thanks

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 81 169

Hey, @henrbu

I'm happy to see you have started your business venture on the Shopify platform. With that said, I've compiled a brief list of a few suggestions and insights:

20-03-vkiip-33pn2

1. The menu:

I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'PRODUCTS' dropdown. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot! 

20-03-w85x2-qs5vp

2. Tailor your collections to relevant seasons/events:

This is very common with successful apparel brands. They showcase specific collections that are relevant to the time of the year. For example, in the summer you will often see collections named "Beach Essentials" and could be a collection containing bathing suits, sunglasses, etc. The more relevant your homepage can be to the type of products that are relevant/in-season will also encourage visitors to add items to their cart and find what they are looking for at a glance. Showing sunglasses in the winter probably isn't the best idea when the majority of customers are looking for warm weather clothing.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
henrbu
7 0 0

Thanks for your answer Dirk. However, don't you think that if I remove my 'Products' link and instead of it I will add more links like jackets/backpacks and etc.. will look chaos? About your second suggest it's awesome, I will try it.

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi Henrbu!

Your site looks polished and professional, so you’re already ahead of the game. Great job!

As I look at your website, I see a few things:

1. Your homepage does a great job of categorizing your products, but your products page doesn’t. It has every product listed in one giant list. If you just had clothes for one gender, it could (maybe) work. Because you have four categories of items, I would move the same categorization to your product page. A drop-down may be helpful here too. 
  2. Speaking of your homepage, visitor behavior can help you here. While I think it looks professional, it may have room to improve. A scroll heatmap, which shows how far someone scrolls on a page, and a click heatmap, which shows where people are clicking, can tell you if people are staying above the fold. Are people even seeing that you offer products for women? Do they know that you have backpacks, too? Or are they just staying around the top of your page? 
  3. I love that you have a size table. That makes it so simple to make a purchase. I suggest adding the information in inches as well. While it would be simple for someone in the U.S. to Google “What is 66 cm to inches,” you don’t want customers to have to work to figure it out. The same goes with dimensions of your backpacks.
  4. You’re missing leather care. You have amazing, quality products but no information about care. Can it get wet? What can I do to keep the leather looking amazing for years to come? Think about adding a guide to leather care to help ease people who may think it’s a high-maintenance product.
  5. Lastly, I would do what you can to make it easier for people in general. Add a search by size option or a way to limit options by prices. Live chat would help you answer the questions your customers have while they’re still on your website. If I were a customer and had concerns about the leather you use, you could reach out to me through chat to immediately address my concerns and help me move closer to a sale. 

I don’t think you need a premium theme or professional developers to help you. I firmly believe that visitor behavior through heatmaps could help drive your next improvements you make and end in more sales. 

Live chat will also make a huge difference. Customers aren’t necessarily going to fill out a contact form to get an answer from you in a few hours. They would, however, be willing to chat for a few minutes to figure out if this is the right product/size/etc. for them.

Good luck, Henrbu. You’re on the right track. As frustrated as you may be now, I firmly believe you’re on the way to more sales.

Cheers -
Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2419 141 439

Hello @henrbu, Overall, your store looks professional. Here are the suggestions from my side what else you can improve:-

1. After displaying the collection list. Display popular products. You can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product.

2. Also, display the testimonials on the homepage too. 

3. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

4. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

If you want to know how to implement these. Don't hesitate to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @henrbu 

The main thing that seems to be lacking on your site is categorizing. Add the categories on the navigation bar, but do not list them all horizontally. Instead, do the drop down menu.  

The items on your site are more on the pricier side, you have to focus on gaining your customer's trust.  Here is how to improve that:

1.  Add a separate page dedicated to About us info only. Add photos, tell why your brand is better than other ones and why a person should buy from you.
  2. Personalize your descriptions and add a little twist to your texts so people know that there is a real person behind all of it  who is always ready to help. 

Also, take advantage of the power of Social Media and create an Instagram gallery based on hashtags on your homepage for increasing user generated content. 

Besides, 100-150 visits per day sounds like a lot, however, that is not always enough to make even one sale. If possible, invest on ads. The products are great and with a little but of promotion people will start buying it. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 81 169

@henrbu  Good question! As long as you don't get carried away with adding too many it will still look professional and not busy. 

Something as simple as:

For Men (drop-down of men's collections) - For Women (drop-down of women's collections) - Accessories (drop-down of accessory collections) - Spring Favourites (with products that are relevant to the time of year)

This menu example comprises of 4 menu items which is equivalent to what you have now. Leaving you room for a "Sale" collection menu item or anything else you can think of. Get creative and always consider that your menus don't have to be the exact same year-round! Additionally, using a mega menu app will allow for more screen real estate to build a comprehensive menu that is engaging to the visitor. 

I would recommend checking out some of your favorite successful brands websites to gather inspiration on how they are formatting their menu as well. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes