Store has a very low conversion rate

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, I launched my first Shopify store about 2 months ago after spending a considerable amount of time on researching ecommerce. So far I have made 117 sales which I am quite pleased with and proves to me that I am doing something right

(although I am still not profitable). But the conversion rate on the store also tells me that I am doing something very wrong. 

90% of the sales came from one particular product through facebook ads, I have since stopped advertising this product as it seems to have lost its appeal. 

I am however getting 250-350 visitors a day to my store through Facebook and Google but my conversion rate is less than 0.5%

There is a fault/faults somewhere but is not obvious to me which is why I am reaching out to the community to hopefully get some positive feedback which would be gratefully received. Thank you.

https://www.funkylighthouse.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

Dear StevieMoffett1,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header -- Go for smart toggle search option.Example of Good Header

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

• You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )
  • Header and Footer Area need to Improve
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc
  • You need to write small writeup about you and your business, i mean personal touch so that you can connect your audience
  • Social Media link should open in new tab
  • Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  • All Banner design need to Improve
  • Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo
  • You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Some of the features you have suggested I add to the store are already inplace, but thank you for your quick reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

ok great, if you need to add any other features please contact here https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there!

Here is a few things you could do to engage with every individual visitors using geo targeting, and increase convention rate. 

1. Display customised location-specific content on your webpage based on your visitors locations. For example, your free shipping policy on the top of homepage rewritten as "Free shipping to Australia" if your visitor is at Australia. It can make your visitor feel related right away.

2. Display products prices automatically with customers local currency. Like customers in UK can see price is GBP, and see AUD if in Australia etc.

3. While you have more sales from global markets, you may potentially display different popular products for visitors at different markets at the homepage, and help customers find the products they are mostly like to buy right away, and increase the conversion rate.

Geo Targetly solutions could potentially help you achieve this.

Geo Content tool can easily alter almost any content on your website as location specific. You can easily display tests with your visitors' locations, like customised shipping policy at the top of homepage. Instead of "Free Shipping", it can be auto displayed as "Free shipping to Australia" if your visitor is from Australia. You can further display location specific products to visitors, recommend most relevant products based on their locations.

To allow multi-currency price displace, you can use Shopify currency selector. Geo Redirect tool can auto direct your visitors to correct URLs displaying local currencies based on their locations.  Geo Targetly tools are easy to use and integrate. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

If you are interested, you can look at the post and find out more applications on increasing conversion rate: https://geotargetly.com/how-to-use-geolocate-features-on-your-website-to-increase-conversion

Hope it helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi! Congratulations on your HygineHand Shop.

I see you are targeting international markets, and have already provided multiple currencies. That's good. While it is better if the website can auto display local currencies based on visitors' locations. Presenting visitors information, like currency, they are familiar with seamlessly plays a key increasing conversion rate. Almost any content can be altered as customised location-specific, and highly engages with each individual website visitor.

You may potentially use Geo Redirect tool to auto direct visitors. When the currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, like exampleshop.cpm?cur=AUD, or exampleshop.com?cur=USD. Geo Redirect tool can detect visitors' geolocations by IP and auto direct them to correct website URLs based on their locations. You can easily set redirecting rules within a few step. No code is necessary. The service will generate the Javascript code for you to add to your website. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Another example, your shipping policy at the very top of homepage, instead of "Free Worldwide Shipping", you could dynamically display your visitor location instead, like "Free shipping to Australia" if your visitor is in Australia. By engaging and showing care to your visitors at individual level, it will increase conversion rate. If interested, you may use Geo Content tool to alter content as location specific.

For more applications, you can look at the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/how-does-a-geotargeting-website-help-increase-conversions

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @StevieMoffett1 

Congratulations on your store page! It's good to know that you have been able to sustain your business even in these hard times. 

I noticed something about your product catalogue so I thought I'd share it with you.

Firstly, the navigation of the catalog is not very easy. Once someone has gone into a category (say fitness), to come back to the catalog again there are no buttons on the top navigation bar to go to some other section directly. 

Secondly, I missed seeing any social proof and urgency. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately. To solve that, you could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that a new visitor ends up buying and experiencing the same joy that you feel when you create and showcase these products!  

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Gari
I will take what you said on board and implement. Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
0 Likes