Store has no sales in 4 months... need help to understand where I'm failing!

Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, 

I've had my business running for a couple of years and was getting good sales up until 6 months ago. Now all of a sudden I'm getting NOTHING - over 4 months now with not a single sale and the same number of visits (30-40 per day via targeted Google ads).  

www.poshtots.com.au

It is a niche market clothing store for children's formal wear, I'm just wondering if someone could have a look and give me some very honest feedback on my store and why I've lost sales?  I'm very open to constructive criticism :-) 

It would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Regards, Renee 

0 Likes

You have a beautiful looking store and there is nothing major that is wrong with the store. Maybe there is more competition for what you sell?. Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Here are some ways to improve your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would add your FAQ and sizing chart as a a link in your footer. I would also add your About Us page in the footer, it does not need to be in the main menu

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage. This is going to help build trust

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your return/refund and shipping info as links on each product page.  This is something buyers look for

2. Add longer product description, where possible, as this is how you sell more product. Plus it can help with your SEO. I would also have a title to make it stand out more

3. Add a section of most viewed/bought products to the bottom of every product page. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible

4. Add a section for customer reviews. This is going to help build trust when the person want to buy that product

Keep making improvements to your store.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
765 26 219

Hi Renee,

Your store looks absolutely adorable - are you using Symmetry theme? It's a great functional theme.

Your branding is strong, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the website, that could cause a sudden drop in sales.

If your traffic relied heavily on Google ads, it's possible that the drop in 'relevant' traffic is caused in their algorithm and perhaps Google is now showing your listings/ads to a wrong audience. I would definitely look into your ad settings and see in which results your listings appear.

Ideally you'd want to appear in more specific searches, like: "pink sequin flower girl dress size [x]" as it's a keyword most likely to be used by someone ready to buy [they are looking for a very specific product]. You'd want to avoid results for keywords like: "pink sequin dress" as the traffic would come from people in a research/browsing stage, and not looking to buy yet. So you might get traffic in terms of numbers, but those people would not buy right away.

Another way to turn your situation around, is to prompt each visitor to subscribe to your newsletter. Even if they don't buy at the first visit, they are likely to buy later, and your newsletter might find them at the right moment, when they are ready to buy.

Hope it helps!

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
245 9 49

From your main menu, you go to a page e.g. boys of a certain age range... you click a product, a quickview expands. It has NO description and is relying on a small 'more details' link, in a light font that's hard to read or notice. The quickview looks so much like a 'full product page' kind of layout that it gives the impression it IS the product page. And then having NO description shown, leaves one wondering all kinds of unanswered questions.  The only way to get to a size chart or description or materials or anything about it.. is through that tiny hardly noticeable link. And why would I want to click it if I have the impression that I'm already viewing the whole product page? When I do click it and on the product page, the sizing chart is too small to read. There might also be concerns about the thing fitting different-sized kids which you might not be adequately addressing.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you!  I really appreciate the feedback and will take on board all of your points, especially the product information pages as this may be an issue. 

Many thanks! Renee 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Paul, 

Thank you so much for your feedback! I didn't realise the product info wasn't displaying properly so took it onboard straight away and fixed it the same day. I'm VERY pleased to say that since I made your suggested changes I have 4 orders in the last 2 days!!  Fingers crossed but I think I've found the problem...  

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to view my site and give feedback it has helped me so much! :-) 

Regards, Renee 

1 Like

Great job keep up the good work. 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes