Store is really slow?

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1

Hello,

here is my store. We have a few products in store but we're only running ads for 2 right now.

I did a test with google and its reaaaaaallly slow.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?hl=de&url=https%3A%2F%2Fjuupee.com%2Fproduct...

I don't know why, I deleted most images but some script seems to be a problem.

Also, I appreciate any other feedback on the store, its my first one :)

Best wishes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
432 60 122
Hi yes it is slow and it’s down to the usual:

- you have a lot of apps, get rid of them unless you absolutely have to have them (and check your code for anything they leave behind)
- you are using 3rd party fonts e.g. fontawesome (which you appear to be calling in twice btw)
- some of your images are quite big (over 200kb)
- videos on the page

But mainly it’s all those apps.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1

Thank you very much. When I first found the Appstore I was getting apps left, right and center. Now I've sobered up and removed plenty, but there seem to be some leftovers. Any advice on getting rid of them?

Thank you for your input!

Btw, what do you think about it? :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
432 60 122
Which apps do you still have installed? That way we can work out which ones you have uninstalled but have left something behind.
Quickest way to get rid of left overs is to do a fresh install of your theme, but that depends how much customization you have done? As you’ll need to reapply it.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1

I still have a load installed. 

Anmerkung 2020-01-17 110556.pngAnmerkung 2020-01-17 110605.png

I guess I can throw out every single one I don't necessarily need.

If I make a backup and try it in a new, fresh theme, it could work yeah? 

Quite a lot but I'm not sure how much I'd lose. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1

I threw some more out.

1.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
432 60 122
😂 you did go app mad didn’t you. If you want your site to be quick, you are really going to have to cut that lot back.
Yes given how many you still have and had, I think clean theme is probably best bet. But only reinstall the apps you REALLY need. Backend ones are ok, it’s front end ones you need to be careful with.
To give you an idea, the main site I work on only has 2 front end apps. Chat & Reviews.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1

I have to admit, I got everything in sight :D

Any recommendations of what I can kick out from my store? 

I'm not an expert yet hehe.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
247 22 93

Hi @lennyyeah

I took a look at the list of apps that you posted here. 

As an option I would like to replace apps that offer one function only with apps that offer a pack of functions. 

Our app Growave is all-in-one marketing platform and it has over 10 features and it does not affect your page loading speed because it works asynchronically. 

Here are the features that we offer in one app 

-Social Login 

-Wishlist 

-Review 

-Rewards and Loyalty 

-Social Sharing (has 10 different campaigns and notification pop ups)

-Instagram 

-Comments

-Automated emails

-Notifications 

If there are some features that you do not need, you can easily disable them from the admin panel. 

We have free plan and free trial available, take a look here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
432 60 122

Some of this is inevitably personal opinion but:

You have 3 review apps:
AliExpress
JudgeMe
Shopify

Whilst on the subject of reviews, personally I'm anti just pulling them in from Ali for a variety of reasons. Just add 20 or so good ones per product to Judgeme. Make sure you spread the dates, they are in good English etc. Then get rid of Ali reviews & Shopify reviews.

You have multiple contact us apps, when Shopify has that built in, just create a contact us page and add a link to it in your footer. You don't need the 'contact us' icon in the bottom right and it's getting in the way of your chat icon anyway.

You have multiple pop-ups on your store, one of which hits me the second i arrive at site. These are known to put people off. Exit pop-up maybe ok but ones that hit me the second I land are not good imo and Google doesn't like them either

Don't know exactly what the checkout comments one does, but Shopify allows you to add checkout comments functionality yourself.

'Conversific' what does that do that Google Analytics doesn't?

You have a POD app but I didn't see any POD products on your site.

0 Likes