Store launch

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi there, 

I got this link from Shopify's support team to check my store and make sure everything is in top shape. I am working this week on adding the legal stuff, shipping info and an FAQ, but would love any feedback of anything else I should add or I'm missing, as I am starting to share the store with friends and family for now and then need to expand to advertising in other places. 

www.ormigadesign.com

Thank you!

Natalia

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Natalia 

Few Suggestions 

Slideshow: I would only have the second image. The great thing about print on demand etc is you can display lots of images of people smiling and wearing the products. This gives really good feeling and helps the visitor imagine themselves wearing the products. 

Product Page: I would add the below 

• Reviews 
  • Similar Items 

If you don't have any reviews you could add a testimonial bar with 2 or 3 testimonials from maybe your friends/family ? 

Checkout: I would add your logo here. 

Currency Converter: I'd also add AUD. Don't forget us Aussies :) 

Overall you have done a amazing job. I noticed in your about page you wanted to donate to charity. There is a app called give and grow that would display a charity bar say under your add to cart button and would automatically donate to the charity you select. Happy to help with that for free if needed. 

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Hey Clayton, 

Thanks for the feedback. For the slideshow, are you suggesting I swap the image of the t-shirt for the couple? I need to have both as they are different collections with links to each collection. So maybe instead of removing swapping for someone smiling? :-D

When you say product page, which section are you talking about exactly? The Catalogue? Or the home page? There must be a widget or something for similar items, now? I will see how I can add the reviews. I just launched the store yesterday, so not even friends have tried the products... hehehe

I didn't know how to see the checkout section, it doesn't display it when I'm customizing, but I know that I could add images. I'll add my logo. Thanks! I have no idea what the checkout section looks like... 

I'll add the Aussie $ ;-)

I will check out the charities. See if the ones I want to donate to are in there :-)

Thanks again for taking the time and for the great feedback! I'll add to my to-do list! :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  4. Add some more blogs for proper clarity.
  5. Also, You have around 44 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://ormigadesign.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @OrmigaDesigns 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the time to check out my site and to reply and for the great feedback! I have taken into account what you've said and I'm implementing some of your suggestions! 

Thanks again!

Natalia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the time to check out my site and to reply. I've looked into your suggestions and I will be checking further into the buy button and the countdown. 

Those are great suggestions! 

Thanks again, 

Natalia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Thank you for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. I would hide the print section until you have something to add to the collection page

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

@OrmigaDesigns wrote:

Hey Clayton, 

Thanks for the feedback. For the slideshow, are you suggesting I swap the image of the t-shirt for the couple? I need to have both as they are different collections with links to each collection. So maybe instead of removing swapping for someone smiling? :-D

When you say product page, which section are you talking about exactly? The Catalogue? Or the home page? There must be a widget or something for similar items, now? I will see how I can add the reviews. I just launched the store yesterday, so not even friends have tried the products... hehehe

I didn't know how to see the checkout section, it doesn't display it when I'm customizing, but I know that I could add images. I'll add my logo. Thanks! I have no idea what the checkout section looks like... 

I will check out the charities. See if the ones I want to donate to are in there :-)

Thanks again for taking the time and for the great feedback! I'll add to my to-do list! :-)

No dramas at all.

Sounds good. Always good to have people smiling in the images. 

Yes on the product itself. Happy to help here if needed. 

I'll do this for free if you reach and show you how to do it in future. 

We have money to spend :) 

Ever need to bounce any ideas of me or anything reach out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like