Store makeover

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

After many suggestions on the do's and don'ts. I have given my store a complete makeover. I followed all the suggestions and improved my website.

I would love to hear any suggestions and ideas. https://dog-shopi.myshopify.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @petpourripets 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a few feedback on it, and I hope it helps

1. Home Page

Add Sticky Header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

Screenshot of Petpourri Pets – Petpourri Pet Supplies.jpg

Banner:

Banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width to align with others sections of your home pages. When I first come to your store, I cannot tell what you are selling.

CTA Button

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop now” button on your banner. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page. You don’t have any CTA in your featured collection section as well.

Screenshot of Petpourri Pets – Petpourri Pet Supplies (1).jpg

Featured products

You should make the most of your homepage by feature products. But there is 3 featured collections and that ’s a bit too much for home page.

Sale Announcement

Promotion should be announced right from the moment visitors enter to your page. A popups or one slide on banner slide show will make sure your client will not miss your sale.

2. Product Page

Screenshot of Black + Decker Smart Dog Collar GPS Tracker 2-Way Audio Water Resistan – Petpourri Pet Supplies.jpg

Invest in bespoke imagery 

More product images should be add (3-5 images from different angle per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be game changer in conversion rate optimization 

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

Screenshot of ASOS DESIGN going out fallen shoulder mini dress in black _ ASOS (1).jpg

Return Policy

Customers get hesitated to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on product page.

The actual return policy, in particular the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy-to-read and clear for customers.

Screenshot of ROCKER SHOULDER BAG WITH FLAP _ ZARA United Kingdom.jpg

Product description

The information provided through product descriptions is an essential element for most users in the process of finding a suitable product. It should be eye-catching and attractive. Otherwise, it will make customer tired and skip the details. Consequently, that might cause troubles for your business.

Subdivide Long Product Descriptions with Sections and Headings

Use block text and bullet point

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing strategies. You can consider of checking PageFly - Free Page Builder

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get
more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

I have no idea what a sticky header is or a CTA button and how to install them. Can you explain? Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
744 17 203

Hi @petpourripets !

Change your hero banner image, now your image does not look professional, and add clear CTAs - it helps to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here