Store review

GGeorgieva
3 0 0

Dear team, 

I have been working on my very first store for quite some time now and I would be really grateful if you take a look and tell me what can I improve before I even begin marketing.

URL is www.mypetfiesta.com

0 Likes
Arunesh
Pathfinder
86 8 32

Hello @GGeorgieva 

Hope you are doing well.

That's a very beautiful store you've got there. It's really nice and my experience was very good

It's a very good initiative. However, there are a few defects according to me. I'm gonna list them below and if you feel the same, you might want to work on them:

1. Use an overlay on the banner images. The text isn't appearing clearly because of the light colors in the background images.
  2. Try to avoid too much literature on the home page. (Paragraphs)
  3. The mobile theme is not as good as the website theme.
  4. I'd suggest you use professional and simpler fonts.

Secondly, there are no Product Descriptions.

We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @GGeorgieva,

Congratulations on launching your store!

I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

First off, I noticed a lot of things vying for my attention upon landing. I had a pop up, and then a wheel popped out, I have a thing at the bottom to let me know "so and so added this to their cart", a cookie policy that follows me, etc.. it was too much. When you are contemplating adding these things to your website, think of it like a map. When the person first lands we don't want to present them with several moving, bright colored things that say "do this! click this! spin this! see this!" Instead you want to think, okay, what are my top three priorities for this visit? For example, it might be: 1. Make a sale 2. Get a newsletter sign up 3. Have them follow me on social media.
Filter app options through the filter of - does it achieve one of these goals or does it distract from one of these goals. Then the next step is presenting them strategically at the right time on the right page. 

petfiesta-home.png

The next thing I'd recommend is making sure that your store is stocked with winning products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

As for your marketing, I'd recommend giving our 2021 ad strategy a watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3746 214 668

Hello @GGeorgieva, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

- Showcase reviews on the home page.

- Setup product recommendations on the home page. 

- Add newsletter popup with discount code to entice customers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @GGeorgieva,

Congratulations on your very first store with Shopify! I have spent time wandering around your store, and I can see all the hard work and love you have put into it. To be honest, I’m impressed by the cute vibe of the page, especially the full-screen image of the cat on the hero banner - as a cat lover, I’m totally in love at first sight with your store!

As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments to your Home page if you are interested:

1, The information boxes are overlapping each other. It makes customers confused and thus none of the information is taken. Remember, less is more. To solve this problem, I have some suggestions:

• For Proof Factor box: you can replace it with a Testimonials section at the end of the page. Review apps can help extract images and comments taken by old customers, make your store look more trustworthy. 
  • For Cookie box: try making it more “invisible” by narrowing the box’s height. A semi-transparent background can also be a good choice, as cookie box should not be too outstanding. At the moment, this box is even more eye-catching than the menu bar.
  • For chat box: One chat box is enough to inform the customer about Live chat service. Make sure to keep it fully visible by moving it out of the Cookie box

PageFly_4-1611227790662.png

2, The menu looks quite unclear and stacked with information. To solve this, I recommend:

• Using a semi-transparent background for the menu. This can help it look more clearly.
  • Using 1 menu tab named “Our collections” with a drop down that leads to For Your Dog, For Your Cat, and For You. This will reduce the load of information on the menu, while still able to feature your collections 

PageFly_5-1611227791012.png

3, The feature images for the collections are beautiful, but they are “still” images. Consider using a secondary hover image which shows your featured product in the collection. This can make your page look lively. 

Besides, add a Call-To-Action button on each collection. Call-to-action buttons raise curiosity in customers, thus increasing conversion rate for your products.

PageFly_6-1611227790617.png

4, The layout for Featured Products section is unbalanced. I see the layout with 4 columns, however there are only 3 products displayed. The blank space on the right side of the screen seems like your store is lacking products, less professional and less intriguing. 

To solve this issue, try adding 1 more product to the section, or change the layout into 3-column layout.

PageFly_7-1611227791022.png

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.