Have looked over your store, here is my comment:
- Too many products are shown, which makes me feel don't know exactly what I need to find.
- I see you sell a lot of product types, I think you mean one-stop store, right? So it's your story, show it to your customers.
- A gallery at the end of the home page would be a good option to show products while it doesn't take too much space.
I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Don't add a lot of products on the Home page. You can remove the product category sections from the Home page like Backpack, Leggings, etc, and keep the sections like Best Seller, New Arrivals.
2. There are broken images in the LET CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US section.
3. There is a lot of blank space between GET IN TOUCH and NEWSLETTER in the footer.
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media accounts is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
5. A FAQ would be useful!
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Thank you very much for your time and critical analysis. I really appreciate your feedback. I will follow your advice. For sure I will move some of the products from home page, work to reduce the empty space on footer and social media integration to make it clean, simple and attractive However you mentioned about review carousel at the bottom that isn't loading properly; but I checked my site on latest version of all popular browsers such as Microsoft edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Android and ios, it's ok at my end. Anyway, again thanks for your suggestions which will definitely help me improve my website and build a successful business.
Overall I felt that the website is clean and trustworthy (with the reviews available for products). But it is not easily navigable, plus your store doesn't seem to interact well enough. This can result in a lot of users dropping off as soon as they enter your website (hence higher bounce rate) which can result in fewer sales.
Here are a few tips:
1. An appealing but simple “Above the fold” web design + Clear value proposition + direct call-to-action - Majority of customers once they land into any online store would not take more than 5 seconds, to decide whether they want to scroll down and continue or just look for what they have in mind somewhere else. So it is important that the homepage must be interactive enough, which is
2. Having an auto-complete and suggestion feature in your search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products.
3. The navigation bar on the header can be highlighted better.
4. Use High-Quality images + self-explanatory descriptions - There are a lot of deciding factors which come into a customers' mind, before they purchase a product, given they pay before they get the product. Quality of product image, information, and social proof plays a very huge role.
5. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as a reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)
Hope these tips help.