Store review

Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hi all,

We just completed our store design. Can you please review the store? We would appreciate any suggestion. 

https://dotflakes.com/

Thanks

Moni

ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @Dotflakes

Have looked over your store, here is my comment: 

- Too many products are shown, which makes me feel don't know exactly what I need to find. 

- I see you sell a lot of product types, I think you mean one-stop store, right? So it's your story, show it to your customers. 

- A gallery at the end of the home page would be a good option to show products while it doesn't take too much space. 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hi 

MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @Dotflakes,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Don't add a lot of products on the Home page. You can remove the product category sections from the Home page like Backpack, Leggings, etc, and keep the sections like Best Seller, New Arrivals.
2. There are broken images in the LET CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US section.

screencapture-dotflakes-2020-08-18-03_15_21_image.png
3. There is a lot of blank space between GET IN TOUCH and NEWSLETTER in the footer.

screencapture-dotflakes-2020-08-18-03_15_21_footer.png
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media accounts is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
5. A FAQ would be useful!
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @Dotflakes 

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
  8. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  11. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
  12. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here

@Dotflakes Moni excellent site.

I like that your store has a lot of customers reviews and FB chat integration with your store.

Good luck and more sales for you!!!

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hi Adelia,

Thank you very much for your time and in-depth analysis. Your suggestions will definitely help me build a successful business by improving my website layout redesign. Your advice is really appreciated. 

Thanks 

Moni

0 Likes
Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hi Jeena,

Thank you very much for your time and critical analysis. I really appreciate your feedback. I will follow your advice. For sure I will move some of the products from home page, work to reduce the empty space on footer and social media integration to make it clean, simple and attractive However you mentioned about review carousel at the bottom that isn't loading properly; but I checked my site on latest version of all popular browsers such as Microsoft edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Android and ios,  it's ok at my end. Anyway, again thanks for your suggestions which will definitely help me improve my website and build a successful business.

Regards 

Moni

0 Likes
Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hi Alex, 

Thank you very much for your comment. 

Moni

0 Likes
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @Dotflakes,

Overall I felt that the website is clean and trustworthy (with the reviews available for products). But it is not easily navigable, plus your store doesn't seem to interact well enough. This can result in a lot of users dropping off as soon as they enter your website (hence higher bounce rate) which can result in fewer sales.

Here are a few tips:

1. An appealing but simple “Above the fold” web design + Clear value proposition + direct call-to-action - Majority of customers once they land into any online store would not take more than 5 seconds, to decide whether they want to scroll down and continue or just look for what they have in mind somewhere else. So it is important that the homepage must be interactive enough, which is

• High-quality eye-catching image as the banner
  • A headline which will grab users attention (have an ideal audience in mind)
  • One-two brief sentences defining what your store stands for (drop in prices, high quality, special offers, free shipping or any other value proposition)
  • A strong call-to-action button which should stand out from the surrounding design

2. Having an auto-complete and suggestion feature in your search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products.

3. The navigation bar on the header can be highlighted better.

4. Use High-Quality images + self-explanatory descriptions - There are a lot of deciding factors which come into a customers' mind, before they purchase a product, given they pay before they get the product.  Quality of product image, information, and social proof plays a very huge role.

• Use high-quality images, with an option of providing different angle views (or even a 360-degree shot), and allowing to zoom in/zoom out. This will help them envision the look and feel of your products.
  • Keep the product description short and crisp, it should convey who it is for, what it does and how it can be of value for the visitor checking the product. It would be better to have the description in bullet points so that visitors can read and digest them quickly.

5. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as a reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)

Trending_yo.png

Hope these tips help.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes