Struggling with conversions, would love some feedback!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys, I am running a store selling mens accessories and am getting alot of traffic but struggling with conversions, my store is https://theonestopwatchshopau.com ,, I have been running the store for about a month and have only had about 3 sales. I am getting roughly 300 page views per day, am getting a few people making carts and reaching checkout (still under 2%) and am running all my ads on facebook targeting conversions and catalog sales, even offering some discounts, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Theonestopwatch 

While there is a lot of things that need to changed on your website the big one would be product descriptions. You'll hardly make any sales until you put some effort into them. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks mate. What are you thinking as what I’ve got is all the details, should I write something like a paragraph instead upselling the product?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1957 122 433

Hey The One-Stop Watch Shop Au,

For identifying your site uniquely, you need to add a favicon, which is a must. A unique header template needs to be added for highlighting amazing discounts or shipping offers if any. Some other points to be noted for store improvement are as follows:

1. The central banner should be full width in order to avoid the unwanted white space on both sides.
  2. Social connectivity can be increased by adding more social links apart from Facebook like Instagram,Twitter etc.
  3. All footer links should be vertically arranged for better placement and orientation.
  4. Newsletter should be shifted to the footer instead and the space should be used for adding Instagram images suitable for better brand promotion.
  5. Footer links should be placed to the left, newsletter to the right and social links should be placed below both of them.
  6. Reviews below each product are a must for making customer choice even better.
  7. "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy" should be added for building search engine content.
  8. Testimonials are a must for strengthening customer trust and relationship.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the coming time bring a lot of luck and fortune for your online store.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
277 13 54

Hi Theonestopwatch, 

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header & Footer :

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a smart search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for. Your header is now too wide it need to be sleek and sticky header must be there with good navigation bar. Example of Good Header 

Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator and let your social links open in a new tab so your customers don’t have to leave your store to check your social media pages, also favicon must be there for giving the identity to webpage. Add security badges in your footer section for the store security purpose and your newsletter must be highlighted so people who follow can have the your brand can subscribe to receive more updates.

Home Page :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows, featured collections, display instagram feed and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.  Example of Nice Home page  

Collection Page :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views,,2nd image on Hover,announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

Product Page :

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page 

I’d suggest you to try our all-in-one app, MS Complete Cart Customizer that also includes the Sticky Cart feature where your customers can easily see the total number of items in their cart right on the product page. This improves user experience as they don’t have to go back and forth from the product to the cart page and vice versa.

Cart Page :

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more.

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.  Example of Good Functional Cart Page

Integrations on your store :

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions? 

Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks  on Google. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Include live chat option that is visible on every page of your store to keep your customers happy and retain them.
  2. Use the sale pop app to create the urgency in the buyers mind for buying and also use live chat option for direct interaction with buyers
  3. There needs to be a strong color coordination among all the colors used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  4. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  5. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly. Sample
  6. Remove the ‘Powered by Shopify’ icon in the footer section to make your store look more professional.
  7. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and color coordination.

Hopefully I managed to help you. Hope your store starts getting sales and conversions very shortly.

Hope your store improves and reaches new heights in the days to come.

Good Luck :)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 159

@Theonestopwatch , you have a great collection of watches. Here are some suggestions:-

1. Add favicon- It adds legitimacy to your site and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers.

2. Add attractive slider images in the first fold of the homepage.

3. Display testimonials or reviews on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. 

4. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It's a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

5. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi,

Usually, the benchmark is 1.75%. Larger stores have pushed this to 1.85%, and if you are more than 2.8% you are in the top quartile. The highest conversion rate on Shopify is 8%.

Here 2 tips to increase conversation

5second rule
 This is my favourite test – get a fresh pair of eyes to look at your site, turn off the screen after 5 seconds and ask them what your site was about. If they cannot answer it -> rework your site!

Watch your visitor
Use Hotjar. It’s the best tool, you can simply set up a tracking and watch you, customer, how he behaves on your site. You can also do Heatmaps which show you where people click and how deep down they scroll on your page.

The setup is free and it gives you 100 recordings for free. Plus some Heatmaps. You can also do a poll or survey with Hotjar, see my next point.

And we also developed an app called  About Abandoned Cart Web Push.  You can find it in Shopify stores. It will increase your conversation too.

0 Likes