Struglling first 2 weeks

Highlighted
2 0 0

I everybody,

I´m starting a new online store and i´m experiencing some dificulties to start selling.

i´m looking for some hints, to correct some mistakes and improve my marketing skills.

I´ve being publiciting the store in Facebook and i get some likes but few website visits and NO sales.

How can i speed things up a bit?

Backlinks are very hard to get, i´ve created a blog and i´ve being creating content for a while now.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

crossfittest.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 26 71

Hey, @Crossfittest!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! We have a few resources that I would recommend reading through to help you get your store's advertising back on track. Advertising on Facebook can be a great first start, but there are quite a few different routes that you can take to drive conversion to your store. 

My first suggestion would be to start with a marketing plan. Beginning a marketing plan can seem overwhelming, but we do have this helpful guide to lead you in the right direction. You want to focus on defining your brand's message - trying to find a difference in your store vs your competitors. What makes your brand special and stand out? Your next step would be to begin to understand your customer demographic. Once you figure out who your audience is - it will be easier to figure out what marketing techniques to use.

Your next step would be to concentrate on developing your store's SEO. SEO is search engine optimization. SEO will help bring your shop URL up on search results and should bring traffic to your store. Part of using search engine optimization with your storefront would be to submit your sitemap to Google and then you can begin adding keywords and perfecting your SEO within your Shopify Admin. This guide will help walk you through SEO and Shopify step by step of the way. 

Another option would be to look into setting up a marketing campaign to drive sales to your storefront. There are a few different ways to run a marketing campaign, but I would suggest looking into Facebook Dynamic Retargeting ads, Google Ads and Google Shopping, email marketing and influencing on social media. To begin creating a marketing campaign, be sure to read through our help guide first

To make sure that your store is optimized to drive traffic and increase sales, you would want to look into conversion rate optimization with your storefront. There are two different resources that I would suggest looking into to help you out with CRO, be sure to take a read through; The Beginner's Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization, 4 Checkout Conversion Killers That Drive Your Buyers Away and The Complete Guide to A/B Testing.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Crossfittest 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,

First of all, i would like to thank you for your comments. I will follow
your expertise advises!
I´m still learning and i want to improve step by step.
I will give feedback of my progresses!

Thanks!

João
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Hey,

If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see a Account login/signin system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
    Also, logo is not professinal enough  taking a lot of space and way too big.

2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.
    Keep on adding blogs, at regular intervals for better backlinks.

3. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 20 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and emptyhttps://crossfittest.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes