Stuck, please provide feedback on my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi fellow Shopifiers!

I was hoping to receive some insight on what you all would say that I need to move forward and be successful with my business. I know I need to add more inventory but I know it takes more than that.  Is it functional, inviting, something you would want to buy? Please be honest, I take constructive criticism well.  I am passionate about a lot of things and I know that this is always not a good thing... my website is : https://work-fashion-depot.myshopify.com 

Thanks in advance all!

0 Likes

- Mobile home doesn't load correctly

- It's not clear what you're selling about the fold

- In fashion users want to see how much they your clothes, nothing else. Make that easy for them.

- Nobody wants to chose whether they ship their item from China or US, it makes it look like a dropshipping store

Making Shopify Tasks Straight Forward

1 Like

Hi @WorkFashionDepo 

Would you buy something of your website ? 

Here are a few areas you could improve in

• Home Page (flow)
  • Site Navigation 
  • Footer Menu 
  • Contact Page 
  • About Page (important) 
  • Build trust 
  • Theme & design

I'll email you more details about how you can do all of these things. So look out for that its value packed content. 

Overall not to bad. The great thing about fashion is you can display some awesome images of people wearing the product smiling etc. 

Keep up the good work.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

No Sales ? Feeling Lost ? No Direction ? ...... Learn More HERE

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
78 20 22

Hi @WorkFashionDepo ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in and congratulations on launching your store! It's a great time to get started so that you can get it going in advance of Black Friday/Cyber Monday - the busiest shopping season of the year. I'd recommend taking a look at our BFCM toolbox to ensure you're prepared to make the most of out this season.

I think @Clayton_Bates 's initial question is a great one to start with - if you were a customer would you buy from your store? Try to look at your site objectively and put yourself in the customer's shoes. What about your site do you love and what parts could be improved?

The first thing that always stands out to me when I'm looking at a website is the photography. I always look at the product photography to see if this brand is geared towards me or who I would like to be. The photography allows you to style your products in a way that speaks to your customers and see how your products will fit in their life. For example, you could do a photoshoot with your products in a beautiful office setting or in a street style shoot where the model is grabbing coffee. Do you have samples of your products? If you're able to, I would recommend ordering samples for photoshoots as well as to test the quality. This ensures you're able to answer your customer's questions with first hand knowledge. Take a look at our guide for DIY product photography for some tips on taking professional looking product photos for your store.

Today customers have a lot of choice when it comes to who they purchase from. More and more customers are choosing to purchase from real people like yourself! I would add an About Us page to tell your customers a little bit about you and what has inspired you to start this store. For example are you a working woman yourself, or maybe you're inspired by the ones you see on social media? Tell your customers a little about how you started your business and even any struggles that you think they may be able to relate to. The more you can show your customers that you're just like them, the better they will feel about purchasing from you over a large corporation.

I see you have all of your policies added to your footer, that's awesome! I would also suggest adding an FAQ page to your website just to make it that much easier for your customers to find quick answers to common questions. For example, a brief answer on returns, shipping, sizing, etc. We have some great examples of FAQ pages here.

How do you plan to market your store? Have you thought of who your ideal customer may be? I've found that defining this ideal customer first and then writing your copy as though you're writing directly to this customer is really helpful for building your brand's voice. I see Instagram as being a great resource for you to gain traffic - especially if you're able to do a few photoshoots with your products! I'd suggest taking a look at our free Instagram course to learn how to make the most of this channel!

Our community is a wealth of knowledge so I'm sure you'll get more advice and opinions from others as well. If you have any further questions at all, please send me a reply here - I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like