Sudden drop in conversions! Help!

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi there, 

I have been running my online store, selling handcrafted footwear for the past 1.5 years. I have been able sale 6-7 pairs of shoes per day- but as of the last two weeks absolutely nothing. I have looked at my Google Analytics for low speed times or any tech issues, I've created new ads and tested old ads that used to perform well, I'm working on our SEO and we have Google ads, email marketing and fb ads running consistently. Now our sales have completely stopped and I am freaking out but really trying not to. This is not an ideal time for us to lose sales, so needless to say I am a bit stressed. 

Can anyone please check and see if something is sticking out on our site? If anything I've tried to improve it but maybe there is too much going on? We have two sites that are linked, our local site in South Africa is https://za.matsidiso.com- if you are from overseas our site will redirect you to www.matsidiso.com. SO if you can please change the url to the SA site that is the one I am testing. 

Any help is SUPER appreciated! 

Thank you, 

Jinae 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1444 172 264

Hey Jinae,

Are you able to place a test order yourself? Can you check google analytics and determine where the customers are dropping off? Is the traffic and overall engagement before reaching Checkout the same for the time before stop getting orders and after?

Also, I am from Eastern Europe and I was NOT redirected to the www.matsidiso.com. Is this the site you've seen a drop in conversion or the ZA one?

Looking into JavaScript logs for the ZA site I see some errors when landing on the checkout page:

[Report Only] Refused to load the script 'https://sdk.beeketing.com/js/beeketing.js?202809' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' cdn.shopify.com app.shopify.com checkout.shopifycs.com maps.googleapis.com ajax.googleapis.com storage.googleapis.com apis.google.com pay.google.com www.google-analytics.com ssl.google-analytics.com www.gstatic.com www.googleadservices.com www.googletagmanager.com googleads.g.doubleclick.net connect.facebook.net connect.facebook.com www.paypal.com www.paypalobjects.com sandbox.paypal.com api-cdn.amazon.com payments.amazon.com eu.account.amazon.com apac.account.amazon.com payments-de.amazon.com payments-uk.amazon.com payments-jp.amazon.com static-na.payments-amazon.com static-eu.payments-amazon.com static-fe.payments-amazon.com".

It's not the case for the www.matsidiso.com, logs are clean for this one.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Jinae,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I might have figured out your problem...

According to your store, all your shoes are sold out! I visited a number of product pages (about 20 pairs of shoes) for men and women, and selected multiple sizes for each... nothing's available. 

Either all your products are SUPER popular, or there's technical issue going on. 

Take a look and let me know :)

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Adam, 

Thank you sincerely for looking into this! I'm just now seeing your message and checking- earlier today during my frazzled state I was removing a bunch of apps that I thought would be distracting. I then published an old version of this site. This may have been the reason for the technical pricing glitch! I'm not seeing issues with pricing anymore- would you do me a big favour and check on your side if you are still having issues adding items to cart? I so appreciate your feedback! 

Needless to say, I got three orders back-to-back this evening. It can't say how relieved I am! 

Thanks again! 

-Jinae

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Jinae,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

This issue I spotted isn't pricing-related, it's that on every one of the product pages I visited (including men's shoes and women's shoes), it said the item I was looking at was out of stock. Even when I selected different sizes, nothing was available. 

I'm actually still having this problem. I've included a screenshot so you can see what I mean. I'm referring to the orange "Available in 12 working days" message.

If other visitors are running into the same issue, they're less likely to order due to the extended wait.

To confirm, though, I can add items to the cart no problem. 

Hope that helps!

I messaged your store's Facebook Page, so just give me shout there if you need me. 

Take care,

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi Jinae,

Your line of shoe are lovely! So great to see such a quality handmade product in this day of 'mass production'.

I just checked the za store and some of the shoes and I see the same message that Adam highighted, but I assume that this is the normal lead team to custom make the shoes and assume that this hasn't changed. Can also add to cart, but didn't go through the actual process.

I would think that given the type of product you are selling, a customer who faced a technical issue would have contacted you, unless all the selected items were out of stock...even then I would have expected that they still may have emailed to ask when it would be available again....

So I am thinking that if you've received no customer queries then the issue might be futher up the acquistion chain....like with the ads. Do you know how many of your historic sales used to come from paid vs. organic search or repeat customers? If largely from paid then the problem may be with the ads...but then that would also be strange given that you have 2 or more different ad campains on different platforms....unless again all your sales used to come from one channel.

Not sure if the above helps, but we'd be happy to kick around some more ideas if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Scott

www.helpfulcrowd.com

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Thank you so much for the screenshot and once again, the helpful feedback! 

Ahh- I see what you mean! This is actually intentional, as our shoes are handmade and take 12-14 days to make unless they are in stock. I totally see your confusion and you have helped me in understanding that possibly others who don't know our brand and the handmade element may have the same confusion! I will re-word the text to something like: 'Lead Time: Handcrafted In 12-14 days' to make it more clear :). 

Thank you again for your help!  I can't say how much I appreciate it! 

Best, 

-Jinae

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Thank you SO much for your amazing feedback and kind words- it means a lot :). 

You are exactly right, the text is our lead time to make a pair of shoes. However, Adam has given me insight that I might be confusing others with our text so I'll change that to something more clear. 

I agree with you. I sat with ads and spent time removing a lot of apps and pop-ups that could be too distracting. I've gone back to a previous time when sales were high and recycled well-performing FB ads, and needless to say we got 4 sales right away. Whew! Such a huge relief. I think you are right, I think my last month's ads were not targeted and were bringing in low quality traffic? 

Really appreciate your help! 

All the best! 

-Jinae

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Jinae,

Good plan. That'll definitely help clear up confusion about this :)

Cheers,

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi Jinae,

I have read through all the comments and checked through your stores. I think you need a lot of work with brand, content marketing, and UX design too. Just google it, learning is the key to success.

But first, I suggest you using some Analytics app so the above problems won't happen again. Maybe try some app like Ecomfit. They have automated tracking and warning you the issue on products, error page and even have smart suggestion base on visitor insights. The best part is, its free xD.

Secondly, the first time I enter your store you show me the Menu which is very big. But the responsive on mobile is better, i guess you are focusing on mobile user right? But you need to focus on your desktop user too. Maybe here is the example, its below. Since you only have a few categories.

Last but not least, your homepage show testimonials but your product page not! I recommend you not put everything you got on homepage like your vision etc, you need to work and test everything you can to make your store get sales not even from advertising but in organic search too. Oh and don't forget to put testimonials of that product on that product page.

This is only a few criteria things I can tell you and remember, focus on a long run.

Cheers

0 Likes