Sweet Shop Online... Do you have any sweet feedback? How can we help each other?

Tourist
4 0 1

Hello!

We are a small family confectionery business that has finally realized that being known online is super important (duh, right?!) So we are very interested in becoming more of a part of this community and building our Shopify store to be extremely successful so that we can shift from primarily a focus on partnerships with other small businesses (we are in 27 states with small specialty shops and luxury boutiques) in the wholesale world to retail! 

1. We have been driving people to our site, but most have not been converting. Obviously our page is not good enough? https://www.scampstoffee.com. Any pointers on our homepage?

2. How do we install a search option in our footer? 

3. Is there any way to code a cart that lights up at the bottom of our screen?

Thank you very much ahead of time! We are so excited to contribute to this community! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
160 6 22

Hi @ScampsToffee 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

Did you think about adding a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

I wasn't able to find a return policy. Many customers won't order from a store unless they know exactly how they can return the items they have bought.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store. 

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes

You have  a great looking store. Your issue may not be your store, you may be sending the wrong type of traffic to your store. Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

I would keep the search bar in the header as that is where people expect to look for it and find it. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes