TEAR MY STORE APART! DON'T HOLD BACK!!!!

Sapr15
Tourist
12 0 0

Hello! 

I would really appreciate all feedback on my store.

Starting all the way back in April 2020, this is now my 5th redesign for my Shop.

I've been continuously been trying to make our Shop easier to navigate, conveying our message more clearly, and making the information as short and clear as possible.

Please please please pick apart my shop because I've now made so many major/micro adjustments over the months I've feel as if I can't possibly do more (even though I know improvements can always be made ).

Thank You! 

Kodiak Candle Company

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @Sapr15,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Frankly, you've done a stunning job on your site. The imagery, the user experience, the copy - it's fantastic. It's intuitive, dynamic, and easy to navigate.

Your brand mission and message enjoin visitors to a movement. You encourage them to be a part of a story in which their involvement is more than merely transactional.

Your branding and site build are on-point, and at this stage, my main advice is to now turn your attention to your marketing funnel. Can I ask what your current strategy for getting traffic/customers to your store is?

Here is an overview of what that funnel might look like, and another post just reiterating the importance of having a strategy.

Consider too that to maximize the potential of paid advertising, you need to consider who your target customer is and create really catchy clever ads and content to appeal to them.

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here and here are some ideas on Facebook Ads to get you going:

What content are you going to include in your ads or social media posts? Here are 11 ways to step up your content marketing game and a few tips on marketing to millennials, but really it goes without saying that blog posts and videos are big draws for your target audience.

So be sure to create a blog to share far and wide and establish your authority in your field, and add a video to your store that can also be easily shared and will pull people into your story so that they can make it their story.

It might be worth thinking about how your brand differs from other eco-minded environmental brands. What is the unique selling point that differentiates you from your competitors?

There's a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it. In it, he outlines great methods of distinguishing your brand in the crowd. I'm going to borrow from this book by asking you to complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder. Here is an example:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

You can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

And then ask yourself how this will reflect in your content strategy too? Might it mean that you're more active on some social media platforms than others? Will you use TikTok more than Facebook? Will you do more videos than blogging? Will you find a whole new means of promoting your brand - perhaps organizing (socially distanced) events and/or tours?

Try spitballing a few ways of promoting the brand that will also help you stand apart from your other competitors.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes