TRAFFIC AND HARDLY ZERO SALES AFTER 3 WEEKS!!!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Well,  for starters,  getting frustrated and aggravated would be an understatement how I'm feeling! I started my pet boutique 3 weeks ago and have had 7 sales.  I'm running Instagram ads,  paid someone to fix my SEO, running addl marketing to push traffic to my site and in the 3 weeks have had 7,190 visitors to my site. Based on the reporting provided by shopify,  it seems people are only making it to my landing home page? What gives!!???? What is the problem??? I honestly do not understand and I'm getting beyond frustrated. It's almost as if "something" is blocking them from going further. I HAVE personally purchased from my site and the experience was seamless.  I don't get the issue.  I paid another person to provide me with " winning products" in my niche.  Im paying people hand over fist to do things to my store and it seems like they are just taking my money! I'm frustrated,  I don't understand how I can have all of those visits and 7 sales!! 

I downloaded recommended apps per shopify and I'm not even sure if they are working correctly. 

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the problem is with my site and why I am not getting the conversion and HOW to fix it? PLEASE.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

Hi @Couturewhiskers 

Hate to hear you're not having much luck! Can you post your store URL so some folks can take a look?

1 Like
Highlighted

@Couturewhiskers  Please share your URL to your store.

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Sorry,  

Www.couturewhiskers.com 

Instagram- Couturewhiskers 

Thanks so much!!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Www.couturewhiskers.com 

Thank you so very much! Would really appreciate any and all help.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

Very cute site! Love all the photos!

Here are a few suggestions I have:

• I like that your 'About Us' page has a truly personal story - that is one thing I see missing from so many Shopify merchants. A couple things I would add:
    • To finish off the personalized touch, sign off at the end of your 'About Us' story with your name and title (and a picture never hurts if you're willing).
    • Include a 'mission statement' in your story. What is your company's goal? What are your main principles that make you stand out from other pet stores?
  • I see a few minor technical issues:
    • On every one of your product pages, there is an "Additional Information" tab. The additional information is the same for every product, and doesn't apply to most of the products
      MelsMojoBob_0-1597853391292.png
    • There is a checkbox above every 'Buy it Now' button for "I accept all terms and conditions." Do you need this? It doesn't force the customer to check the box in order to buy the product. It's presence is a bit off-putting, and wary customers may not want to buy if they don't know what terms and conditions they believe they're agreeing to.
    • Every product page has a size guide, including products for which there is no sizing. Also, the sizes appear to be for human clothing and not animal items. It's also confusing when you do have a product that offers different sizes (for example, Cool Patchwork Winter Jacket For Small Dogs), and there is no relation between the product sizes (S/M/L) and the sizes in the guide.
  • Content, content, content. And, oh by the way, content! lol! Pet sites offer SO MUCH potential for content and should be content-rich. I like that you ask for customers to submit photos of their pets in your About Us page. 
    • Start a blog or vlog! Tell stories about rescues/adoptions, personal stories about your pets - past & present, offer tips & guides for pet care (or pet 'pampering'), go to 'pet destinations' (i.e. dog parks, pet spas, etc.) and talk about the experience.
    • Get some samples of some of your products and do 'unboxing' videos talking about the products and what you like about them (or find an influencer who can do this for you)
  • Social media - I see you have your Instagram linked on the site, and you have some of your product photos on your Instagram. Good start, but you need more social media! Not only to share what's in your store, but to engage with potential customers.
    • We have a craft supply store and our #1 source of traffic and sales comes from Facebook, and it all started with word-of-mouth from us engaging in crafting Facebook groups. There have to be hundreds of Facebook groups about pets, pet care, pet stories, pet training etc etc etc. Join these groups and engage with the members, as a fellow pet-lover not necessarily as a business owner. Become a member of these online communities and offer your advice, stories, and conversation. Opportunities will present themselves where you can let people know about your store. As you engage more, you may even find group owners/moderators that have no problem just letting you post links to your site. Once you create your own FB business page, you can also start your own group(s).
    • Post daily Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest posts with a variety of content (from pet-memes to "awwwww" pet story links to fun quizzes/polls) and gain followers across all of your social media. Build a base of followers that you can leverage as ambassadors for your brand.

I hope some of this is helpful for you and I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 1

Personally I'm not a fan of the light pink/peach colors.  The price/buy it now button all seem to get lost in the background color.  I noticed some of the pictures on the site seemed a bit blurry and some had Chinese writing on them.  Gave me the impression that you might be a drop shipper without an inventory or an actual store.  For me right there, if I were shopping for pet stuff, that would be a deal breaker right there.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you! I don't know how to fix the Chinese/sku numbers etc.  I've been trying and can't figure it out. I'm in the process of trying to find someone to assist.  I COMPLETELY agree with you on that.  

The pictures,  need to remove the pictures that have Chinese wording etc.  

The colors,  I like the colors. Just a preference. 

The buy now,  trying to figure out to remove ASAP. I don't know how.  

Thank you so very much.  I really need some help with someone that can go on my site and fix these nuances but I'm trying to learn myself.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

##- Please type your reply above this line -## 

Wow! Wow! Thank you sooooooo very very very much!!!!!! Thank you!!!

I completely agree with you on the items you referenced. I need a Facebook page.  I'm not personally a fan of Facebook and would like one for the business but I'm finding I can't create a page without having a personal account.  Do you know a workaround for this?

Really appreciate you taking the time.  I've only been up 3 weeks.  Work in progress and trying my best. Will action the items you mentioned. I just need to figure out how to do this now! Lol. 

I can't remove the buy button,  trying to figure out. The additional information,  I need that removed,  trying to figure that out as well. I'm a work in progress. 

Thank you so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

This is an accepted solution.

You're very welcome!

Oh one more thing I meant to mention...

The drop-ship products you have currently look nice and may garner a certain level of sales, but I think you might find it challenging to build on those alone. If I were to set up a pet supplies store right now, I would look for some independent brands that I could partner with to sell their products on my store. There are a number of U.S. based indie-brand pet product companies out there and I'm sure there have to be some that offer a drop-shipping program. It may be a bit of a challenge to research, connect, and get set up with them, but I believe it will be much less of a challenge then building and expanding with just the China-based drop ship items you have right now. 

One thing I've noticed, just as a casual observer, is that in the pet market these days, independent brands and organic/homeopathic products are super en-vogue. I believe products & brands like these will offer you a much more lucrative merchandising base on which to build your business. You can still offer the products you currently have, but I would think of them more as 'add-ons' & 'up-sells' and center your store brand around these more niche & independent products/brands. It will likely help you stand out and make your store more of a destination for those real pet-lovers that are happy to spend big bucks on their fur babies.

1 Like