Take 5 minutes to ROAST my store...

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Shopify and to dropshipping, so please excuse me if I'm unintentionally running afoul of any unwritten rules. I think this follows all community guidelines...

https://zenith-smart-tech.myshopify.com/

There's my store. Feel free to tear it apart. Be brutally honest. Does it suck? Should I go back to my day job at 7-11 handing out slushies, stale candy, and cheap condoms? Don't hold back. In particular:

1) What's your initial gut reaction? Would you buy from this store, or does it look sketchy?

2) How's the logo?

3) How's the theme?

4) How are the product descriptions?

5) What is it missing?

Thanks in advance for your welcomed savagery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1221 71 258

Hey Zenith-smart-tech,

Overall, the store looks quite professional except for some small modifications to be done. Few of which are mentioned below:

1. The account login symbol should also be placed beside the currency converter in the header apart from footer.
  2. The search bar can also be placed in the footer apart from the header for better and smooth navigation.
  3. The search bar size on the header is quite large. Minimize it for a more professional look.
  4. Favicon is missing, which is quite important.
  5. Testimonials need to be added to improve customer choice.
  6. Instagram images need to be placed for better brand promotion.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the small changes done bring out a big revolution in your store's sales rate.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear ZenithSmartTech,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

1) What's your initial gut reaction? Would you buy from this store, or does it look sketchy?

Store loading speed need to improve for mobile. Yes, we will buy from your store if design will more simple and user friendly.

2) How's the logo?

It is ok

3) How's the theme?

Go for other theme

4) How are the product descriptions?

Need to improve more and add some features https://www.task4store.com/collections/product-page

5) What is it missing?

There are lots of other areas you need to work. if you are looking for or need any help with it, we can work with you, check out our website https://www.task4store.com/

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Hire Shopify Experts | Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Excursionist
70 1 1

Hi @ZenithSmartTech ,

I like the variety of new and interesting tech products that you have on your website. One thing I could suggest as well is adding some buy now, pay later options for your website. It allows the customers to split up their payments into 4 interest free installments. We also pay you in full upfront and manage all the risks of any chargebacks or fraud. Here is a little more information and how to get started, it also easily integrates with Shopify.

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this is helpful!

Samantha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, I have a few suggestions...

1.) Make a new logo. It looks like the logo from your local hobby store that went under in the 90's. If you can't create one that is professional and ORIGINAL, try hiring someone on Upwork to create one. Don't use Canva and make sure the person that creates your logo doesn't either. Require them to send you either .ai or .psd files and check to make sure that there are layers to the design. I always search Canva for ripped off clip art, too. If you want some cost effective recommendations for an original and high quality logo designer PM me, I know a few on Upwork that are great.

2.) Invest in a new theme. Shopify offers great themes created by amazing developers that really know what their doing. Personally, I use the theme "Fastor," which can be found on Themeforest, but I don't recommend using themes from there as 99% of them are poorly coded garbage. I've heavily edited Fastor so it doesn't even remotely look like their theme variations. However, Fastor is actually pretty fast and can be much faster if you remove all the unnecessary code among other things. It also looks really professional (when done right) and is highly customizable from even just the theme editor.

NO I DON'T WORK FOR FASTOR OR MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THEIR THEME. I JUST LIKE IT lol.

3.) I see you're dropshipping... I'd HIGHLY recommend you purchase samples to vet your suppliers. You should seriously consider finding suppliers in the US and really doing your research to find a PROFITABLE niche with low competition.  Take it from my own experience, I didn't vet my suppliers on my first successful store and 1 month in I had 80 orders out of 200 that were never delivered so I either refunded them or found another supplier to fulfill their order. Dropshipping is a lot more difficult than it used to be, especially from China which is partly why I personally purchase my own products in bulk now. Slow shipping times, poor packaging, low quality, angry customers... the list of reasons to not dropship from China goes on and on. 

Don't listen to the "eCom guru's" on YouTube or their blogs (if you do). They're ALL full of crap and so are their trash courses. If they were making big bucks by dropshipping  like they claim, they wouldn't be renting cars for their get rich quick ads and they most definitely wouldn't be wasting their time by giving away their secrets hahahaha. These things take time and a lot of hard work. Not a month of creating a basic Shopify store and importing products only to waste money on ad spend.

4.) I see you're dropshipping... I'd recommend you purchase samples to take photos/videos of your products that don't look like you downloaded them from Shutterstock or AliExpress. Try to get customer generated content as well, but that is unlikely to happen when dropshipping from China and not having a brand built around your products.

5.) Use a white background on your site. 

6.) Use a product image with a white background for the main image on ALL of your products or at the very least don't use images with text on them.

7.) Create actual product descriptions. Fill a need, don't just sell features.

8.) This is my opinion I guess, but countdown timers look scammy and consumers know that they mean nothing. In fact they look like the store just wants your money ASAP especially when it resets on every page.

9.) When using black as a background for your footer or header experiment with different shades other than #000. This is just my preference, but I usually go with #222 or #333. Looks cleaner IMO.

10.) Why is the catalog menu item still on the menu? Why is Track Your Order ahead of the products? Also I personally like to say Track "My" Order or "My" Account for example. Just a suggestion.

11.) The header on your mobile quite literally takes up half the screen. Remove the search bar from your mobile header. Your logo is huge. Your cart and menu icons are almost the same color as the header background. The text in your announcement bar is way too big as well.

Add this code to the bottom of your theme.scss file:

@media (max-width: 1024px) {

.site-logo-image {
    max-width: 100px !important;
0 Likes