Technical feedback on my store?

chazeichazy
Tourist
27 0 3

Hello! I'm looking for things to optimized technically and would love any feedback! My site is https://mairobotics.com/

Hey @chazeichazy,

Congratulations on launching your store!

Great writing on your homepage, it's very informative and you hit a lot of great selling points.

I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions, let's start on the homepage.

First, you have a broken image in the top left-hand side and your images are showing up blurry. You can fix this by uploading a larger version of the image, one that is the recommended size or bigger. If it's smaller than the recommended size for that space, it gets stretched out to fit and then you loose image quality and get that blurry look. (The blurry images are throughout your website as well).

mairo-home.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. Another issue is that you have your products named "Gatekeeper" and "MassProtector", which are great names, but not for SEO. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google.

mair-meta.png
We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Also, just a minor thing, you have "Powered by Shopify" at the bottom. You can remove this by following these steps:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
chazeichazy
Tourist
27 0 3

@EcomGeeks These are some great tips! Didn't even think about removing the shopify part on the bottom. I'm actually trying to implement lazy loading shown by https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading/ but for some reasons the images are coming out blurry/missing. Any thoughts on that?

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @chazeichazy!  

Welcome to Shopify, and thank you for producing such a great product. Now let’s see what we can do to make your website even better.

Let’s jump in:

• Your logo link is broken 
  • I like that you have a proactive chat. However, I would suggest delaying the invite for at least a few minutes. It’s also really aggressive and pops-up with each page change. 
  • You have an expensive product. There’s no issue here, but you need high quality images then too. Most of the graphics I’m seeing on desktop are very blurry. 
  • I would run a poll to see what matters to your visitors. I’ve seen you mention multiple times that it’s designed in California. That may be a selling point to your visitors, or it may not be. Run a poll to find out. 
  • Simplify your announcement - it’s way too long. I would also link to your all products page rather than one specific product. Also, go back to the poll results to find out if focusing on the California-designed value is necessary. For example, promote that free shipping in the US! 
  • Is there a better way to educate customers? Maybe it would be changing the main navigation based on need? Watch session recordings, which shows you all visitors’ sessions, to see if they seem confused or if they spend time reading. It would be easier for your visitors to lay it out when they would need your GateKeeper and when they wouldn’t.
  • Be mindful of some of your spacing. For example, on your demo page, you have some spacing issues with your pricing.
    LuckyDanny_0-1611700975968.png

• Do some testing for your “Get a free demo” CTA. Play around with different phrases. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click and scroll, to see if people are clicking on it or ignoring it. A demo may scare some of your visitors away, but there may be different ways to promote it. 
  • For your footer links, make sure any mentions of a URL or email address are hyperlinked. The FAQ page in particular had a missing link. 
  • We have to talk about your contact page. I get that you want to get as much information as you can to help improve your pitch. Use a form analytics report to better understand where people are falling off your form. With my experience, I would combine first and last name and make the mobile number optional. Remove the sales inquiry drop-down options. You’re missing many of your products! In general, you want a form that asks for just enough information for visitors to complete it without too much information to scare them away. 
  • Are people using your Request a Demo page? It seems redundant when you have a contact page with much of the same information. Think about the visitor’s journey and watch session recordings. What do your visitors need to make the buying decision? 
  • Optimize your main navigation by looking where people click and how they move around your site. For example, About Us can move to the footer. Contact Us may be able to stay in the main navigation; it depends on your visitors. Similarly, having a pricing page is misleading. Instead, I would use it to “compare products” or something similar. Remember that people coming to your site may know nothing about your products, and you’re missing out if you need them to click on a products drop-down to get to your collections.
  • How many visits does it take for a conversion? You aren’t a typical store! You may want to run a poll asking if the visitor is the one to make the buying decision. If not, a shareable compare/contract document may be helpful. 
  • For your product pages, I’m missing some information. How are they powered? How do I skip between the different versions? What other tools are necessary to use it? Is it easy to use? What do visitors need to know? Highlight that free shipping. From a formatting standpoint, I would reduce the font size. Right now it
  • Speaking of your product pages, are people using the pick-up option? If so, that’s great. Keep it on. If not, you may want to minimize it. 

If I could sum it up, I would suggest looking at what matters to your visitors, what’s stopping them from checking out, and customizing your site to help them better make that buying decision. The more you learn about those visitors, the more you can make visitor-driven changes that result in more conversions and happier customers.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes

Hi @chazeichazy 

I have checked through your site and would like to have some feedbacks for you as below: 

1. I gone through all products page and don't see any product with reviews on it while there are some reviews on your "Testimonials" page. It might cause the un-trustful feeling for your visitor. You had better get some reviews for your product page instead of leaving all pages with 0 reviews as current.

2. On mobile device, when I go to a page, the live chat box sometimes auto pop up on the whole page, which might bothers and annoys customers while visiting your site and decrease you sales opportunity. You can check it on your end about this issue

3. When running technical test on your store, I found that the images and videos placed on your store haven't been optimized yet. The oversized images can lead to the slow loading speed on your store. This is an important factor which not only affects on your store speed but also on your Google Speed Insight Score. To solve this problem, you can consider to use a page speed optimizer tool to improve your store's speed performance.

That's all my suggestions for your store. If you need further analysis from our expert, please feel free to contact us via email support@perfectapps.io.

Have a great day!

Swift - Page Speed Optimizer
0 Likes
chazeichazy
Tourist
27 0 3

@Swift_PageSpeed thanks for the feedback! implementing reviews onto the product pages is definitely something on our todo list, but now that you mentioned it we definitely want to move it up the priority list. I've brought it up to the chatbox team to make it smaller, i find it annoying as well haha. i just implemented lazy loading, but should i download an app to optimize the photos still? did you run a tech test through pagespeed?

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2365 140 426

Hello @chazeichazy, I hope you are doing well! If you need technical help regarding optimization, I will be happy to help. Here is the feedback on your store:

Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

- Add a newsletter signup popup.

Setup an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

If you need help with setting up the features & technical optimization, I will be happy to help.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes