I design custom compression items and decided to launch my own neck gaiter product line. I'm not great with websites... I'm also using a free theme. Please give me honest feedback. I don't plan to sell a huge catalogue, maybe 4-5 SKUs at a time - limited edition original artist designs only.
Please let me know if there is a paid theme that can get me a better conversion rate.
Hi @Gaiterr !
Welcome to the Shopify family!
As a newbie, you are on the right way. Good job, keep it up!
Your theme is free, that is why it is too way simple.
Your header looks empty, there are a lot of free blank white spaces.
Instead of placing your products on the homepage - place a hero banner with slides, that will have images, that represent your brand and have a "shop now" button.
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
I like your product description - very detailed and informative. Add more images of your products (with zoom in opportunity).
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Add more products - you have only a few, and it is going to be hard to keep the interest of customers.
I like the idea of blog page - keep it up, add more articles about your brand, latest trends.
To work on the functionality of the website - check Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.
-> You can update your website logo, A very much outlined logo is a simple method to pass on to potential customers that your business is proficient, dependable, and gives quality merchandise or administrations.
-> Increase your website niche.
-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> And you can add trust badges under checkout, It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
Hello @Gaiterr ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @Gaiterr welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The website feels empty and lacks character, I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!