The Noble Shoe - Premium Welted Shoes for men - Looking for Feedback on my Design!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone!

I opened my shop on the 5th of July 2019! It is called The Noble Shoe and runs on the IRA theme. I essentially built it myself from scratch with no experience.

I eventually added a few things, like notify when product becomes available, live chat, recent purchases.

My marketing is not going amazing, but I am trying. I got quite a decent amount of traffic, about 3000 people per month but sales are quite low when you think about it. I just sold my 9th pair which in a way is awesome for 1.5 months. Excellent feedback from customers and they love the service and support.

I wonder what you all think of my design, pages and if you have any recommendations on how to convert better or any marketing tips. I also went from 0 to 620 Instagram followers in 1.5 month by posting high quality content and even had a conversion from there. It will be a great venture in the future.

Thank you in advance!

Kostas

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
85 3 14

Hey @TheNobleShoe 

Overall it looks great - congratulations. I actually found myself browsing the shoes looking for a pair - the power of high quality images. 

Lets have a look at your states and compare:

- 3,000 visitors / month for 1.5 months - 4,500 visitors. 

- 9 sales from 4,500 visitors = 0.2% conversion - this is rather low. I'd expect >1% even with a more expensive product. 

A few things to consider:

- With expensive items trust is a huge factor. Areas you can build more trust: 1) Reviews of the product. This is a huge factor and would greatly affect my will to purchase. You could try incentivizing people who have already purchased to leave a rating on quality, sizing, etc. 2) More high quality images of models wearing the shoes. This makes it seem more real (read - more trustworthy).

- When visitors come to the site, where do they drop off (landing page, product page, add to cart, checkout, etc)? This will help guide you to where the leaky bucket of conversions may be coming from. - as an FYI I lost some interest when I saw the price in Euros (I'm based in the US). 

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
3 0 0

@mccaly Hey Andrew, thank you a lot for the advice and comments.

I am happy that the pictures got you thinking, it means that they work rather well. I spend a lot of time photoshooting my shoes and is a skill I picked up along the way.

I agree about the conversion rate. This is considered medium level price for quality welted shoes so it usually targets more experienced people. Carlos Santos (my brand) is very well known among shoe enthusiasts so I count a lot on that. Regardless, I think the reason for the conversion % is also a bit my way of advertising. I did experimenting and most of it comes from my facebook ad which is now optimized for traffic instead. Then I also have google ads that do retargeting to build up my mail list and funnel.

As for the last few points:

1. Trust is huge. I started by doing reviews on my blog before the shop. I always give handwritten notes inside the shoe boxes to each client individually and I always encourage them to take a few minutes off and leave a review. Yesterday I added a 10% discount on a next purchase if they do. I will consider adding an app or just sending an automatic follow up mail.
  2. The models are something I definitely consider. The problem is this is my passion project, which means i took a small business loan and the shoes are currently sleeping next to me in the room. And that means I cannot afford a model right now, or anyone to wear them since the soles will get ruined. I have to be very careful about it and think intelligently to use some of my own shoes from the shop. I do have some ideas though starting yesterday.
  3. I will check the customer flow better today. As for the price, on the upper left corner you can change to your own currency (default is Euro). My own problem is that I am in Sweden, so my bank and checkout are in Swedish Crowns. I really wonder if it affects the performance of my shop and if people will be scared to see.

Other than that, thank you very much!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
85 3 14

Hey @TheNobleShoe 

2. I think you could get away even get away with some close ups of the shoes on models (that could be taken inside on hardwood floor). Just seeing them with pants (Jeans, suit trousers, etc) gives a sense of reality and gives a suggestion on how they could be worn. Understand your predicament by wearing outside. 

3. I didn't see the switcher at the top of the page. It would be nice if it could auto adjust the currency base don your IP location. I find it makes consumers feel more 'at home' and doesn't immediately raise the 'do they ship internationally' concern.

A

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes

Hi Kostas

Great looking store and glad to see the hard work you put is paying off in a beautiful design. To be honest, the number of followers you have on IG or any platform is meaningless. They rarely drive sales and revenue. I have worked on ASOS and other brands, including a couple high end fashion brands we have as clients right now. The sales cycle for these clients can be a little longer then someone shopping at H&M.

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Marketing like any other job is a skill and it's not something everyone an pick up in a few months. Here is how I would tweak your store to make it truly standout.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders. Pick that one image of your favourite or best selling show to date and put that where the slider here. This belt I see when I open your site does not sell me on your brand

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and only feature maybe 4 products on your home as you only sell a few products right now.

3. Ask each person who has bought to leave a review on the site. This will help drive more sales in the long run

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

3. There is a massive section of empty space below your product images. I would look at tweaking your product page layout to make this less of a thing. When we work with our ecom clients, one thing we always test is product page layouts and how we can make them help the brand sell better

4. I would not have your product description hidden in a drop down.. it's to easy to miss

Beyond the items I noted above, you'll need to work on your targeting online to make sure you get the right traffic to store. If you run an ad and 3 days in no one is adding to cart from a Facebook or IG ad. Then I would consider stopping that ad and trying different creative or targeting.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes