Hi Shopify peeps, would love your feedback on my site www.thetieshop.ca

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 155

Hey Manny!

This is a really crisp, beautiful site. It's easy to navigate and loads pretty quickly. I think you've done a fantastic job in setup.

As a customer, I might want to know if there are any sets that combine a tie with a square, pattern-wise? That's the only thing that stood out to me on my interaction.

Great job!

0 Likes

Hi Manny,

Congrats on your new store!

A few comments:

1. There is no link to go back to the homepage when you're browsing the site. It can put off some users.

2. You could try using a graphic logo instead of the text that you have on there now.

3. On The Pocket Squares page, the images are not the same size so they don't align properly. I didn't check other pages, but this is worth checking.

4. Currently, the social media links open on the same window, so they drive traffic away from your site. You might want to fix that.

Hope this helps,
J-za

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes
6 0 0

Great idea Alex, that is definitely in the works. Thanks!

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thanks for the advice and tips J-Za and Scott! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey Manny,

I like the retro look you have here. A few quick suggestions:

1. Don't immediately show the opt-in popup to new visitors. Give users some time to see what your site is about before trying to close them on joining the club. Maybe show it on exit (when their mouse moves off the screen)?
  2. In the popup, i'm not entirely sure WHAT i'm subscribing to and definately not sure WHY I should subscribe to it. Maybe try to make some more compelling copy addressing on these points? 
  3. Same with the footer opt-in. "Are you a part of the club?" - WHY should a visitor be?
  4. Create a prominent CTA on your homepage. There are several areas to click on your home page but nothing prominent that stands out. Maybe add some more compelling copy in the main section that says "Wedding season is upon us.." and create a larger button, in a different color to make it stand out?

-Mike

Tribe Interactive - A digital band of design, development and marketing nomads helping e-commerce brands kick ass. http://madebytribe.co
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

Nice job overall...two suggestions to help you.

1.  You should write descriptions (bullets are preferred) for all of your products.  You'll want to give your customer reasons why they should buy that particular product.  Currently, you have several basic facts..try descriptions with mostly benefits (vs. features).

2.  You'll want on-page copy on your collections pages to help these pages get indexed on the search engines.  This can help you get free traffic over time and give each page a higher quality score, which can save you money, should you implement a CPC program like Google Adwords.

Good luck!

Coach David

1 Like
6 0 0

Thank you for the feedback Mike - all great points we will be working on.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thanks Coach David - Appreciate the great feedback

0 Likes
14 0 0

Hi all, would love it if you could review my site I have had a little traffic but limited sales. Let me know. Thanks

0 Likes