Hi, I’ve had roughly 16500 visits to my online clothing site, yet not half as many sales. I’ve rebranded and relaunched, I even have big influencers promoting me, yet can’t see why this is happening. Would really like your opinion. We’ve been going a month, but still, I’d expect more sales than this.
Hey there, @Kate_Collins!
First of all, congrats on generating traffic! That’s a hurdle some merchants struggle to overcome. Even so, it’s always frustrating when you get traffic but no sales. My colleague just covered this in one of her Website Analysis videos: https://youtu.be/ssmhY8OlJfg
Before we look at your site, the issues you’re having could be caused by a few things:
I would highly suggest using visitor behavior to help you understand both potential issues. Tools like heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) can be filtered to show you visitors from a specific campaign or traffic source, which lets you identify potential issues. Other tools like polls (to get visitor opinions) and live chat (to answer their questions while they are still on your website) help you connect with visitors and get valuable feedback.
As you use visitor behavior, you’ll be able to understand that while you’ve had 16,500 visitors, only a percentage of them actually stick around to use your store. You could also look at the people who did checkout and compare their navigation behavior, device type and source to those who didn’t checkout.
Anyway, back to your website!
For reference, I’m on the AX Paris - One Shoulder Big Flower Chiffon Dress - Orange page.
The bigger question: Are these points at the root of your conversion issue? I’m not sure. No one here can tell you for absolute, but visitor behavior can. When you use visitor behavior, you can better understand why they aren’t converting and how to fix it. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps, Kate! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website, it looks great! It seems fast and the design is well thought out. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. I have a couple suggestions. First I recommend updating your images as some of them are a bit blurry on my screen. This includes the hero image on the Home page and the product images.
Also, you can write longer and more detailed product descriptions. This is a great opportunity to capture your visitors' interest and lead them to add the product to the cart. To build more trust, I also suggest that you encourage and incentivize your existing customers to leave reviews. For example, if you offer them a discount for leaving a review, they are more likely to come back and purchase again. It's a win-win.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.
Not all traffic is equal. There can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.
What kind of targeting are you using on social media? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.
It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions.
I have one observation to add for your store:
I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!
Hi @Kate_Collins !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
3. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
4. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
5. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
7. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
12. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.