Three Months and 3500 Visits To My Store. No Sales.

Highlighted
5 0 0

Well the title says it all. Xmas and Valentine's Day are over and I did no business. Is my jewelry store really that bad? My prices are good and I have free shipping. Visitors just don't convert. The don't even put items in the sales cart! So upset!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 5

Hi Joyce, 

Please don't read on if you are sensitive to assholes criticising your work.

First, your product images look fine (except the odd model shot thrown in the mix that throws off the balance).

The problem I have is and with a lot of sites here is not enough attention is being paid to the very first landing screen customers will hit. (See attached for what I see when I load your site).

You have a very unwelcoming, dated and low effort lander. I would bounce straight out of there if this was my greeting :( 

Your logo - Brand title is very low energy - You picked the weirdest font and just went with that :/

Your valentines image is just a google image search job with no personalisation to your store

That Pixelated guarantee is doing the absolute opposite to what I bet you think it does.

That free shipping with the * is such a turn off these days :/ everyone is over the *. Just say 'Free Shipping - See Details' or 'Free Shipping Orders over X' blah blah.

I know I sound like a butthead buttttt, I am happy to help adjust things or maybe make something you need in terms of small photoshop work or w.e. 

Kindest Regards,
VJ
www.barcodetwelve.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 5

Attached a sample of sort of what's in my mind Re. the welcome banner. Unfortunately im not a logo designer lol so ignore that -.- also missing some socials and search icons but i dont know the limits to the theme ur using so left blank.

Clean and clear and easy to digest is what keeps viewers interested

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
48 0 9

Hi Joyce, 

Overall the website is easy on the eye. Here are a few things you might want to consider - 

You definitely need to work on the logo. It takes a lot of space as well. What VJ made is a good example of what your store could look like when a user lands on your store. (also add cart, and the search bar).

- When I clicked on the search bar, I was taken to a different page. This is not desirable. 

-The testimonials you have need to have photographs of the customers. This helps build trust. This section could be represented better as well. 

- 'Who are we' in the footer can be removed. You could have an 'About Us' page where you can show this. 

- You need to be active on twitter as well, not just Facebook and Instagram. 

- Shipping on the footer has an asterisk, which can be avoided.

- When I click on a product, the product description is italicised and somehow looks unprofessional.  

- You can implement a live chat, to encourage users to engage.

- Give Facebook and Instagram ads a spin. 75% users take an action after viewing Instagram posts. and more than 50 million small businesses are using Facebook Pages to promote their products.

- Implement web push notifications to engage users even when they are not in your store. They help you engage, retarget and boost sales. With web push, users don't have to give out any personal information and get on your marketing list with just one click. This is one one the reasons why the opt-in rate of web push is 30X more than email. 

Hope this helps. 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Highlighted
25 0 0

Hello,

Good Luck With Sales and clients!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 14

Hi Joyce, 

When you are selling higher-ticket items, your conversions are always going to be lower. 

But having said that, I would agree with a lot of VJ has said above. In the jewelry niche in particular, trust is extremely important. And like it or not, visitors very quickly make a judgement about trust based on the design and look of your website. 

Take some time to look at what the big guys in your industry are doing regarding the design and feel of their sites. They spend a lot of money tweaking and testing, so it makes sense to follow their lead. One example you could take a look at is Pandora. It's not perfect, but it's along the lines of what you should be aiming for. 

I wouldn't spend money on paid traffic until you improve the look and feel of your site (I think VJ's mockup looks like a nice start). 

Good luck! 

Nigel 

Analogy Marketing is a Shopify Partner Ecommerce Marketing Agency focused exclusively on Digital Marketing, Advertising, and SEO for Shopify stores.
1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
284 0 40

Hi Joyce,

I completely agree with what's already been said, and have a few more suggestions. The biggest issue I see with many shopify store owners is that they fail to put themselves in the shoes of a potential customer.

You have items that are close to $200. You're asking me to hand over $200 of my hard-earned money. However...

*Your contact email is a gmail address. That alone prevents me from taking this business seriously.

*While you have a phone number, there is no physical address.

*There's nothing unique about your product offering that I can't find at any number of jewelers within a twenty minute drive of my house. Why should I take a risk on an unknown business with a poorly designed website, and no professional email address when I can deal with a reputable company down the street?

None of this is meant to be harsh. :) But put yourself in the shoes of a customer. Would you hand over $200 of your hard-earned money to a similar business?

I wish you all the best!

-Nostromo

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
28 0 2

Joyce, one idea which will improve your site stand out against the rest of e-commerce sellers:

lifestyle and on-model photos for your landing page slider and section headers

Shopify Expert | VRset.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

VJ...very nice website!

0 Likes
Excursionist
28 0 4

From my work in the advertising industry over several decades I can tell you that food and jewelry are two of the most challenging products to convey in pictures. Color and lighting affect mood. The feeling derived from its use/consumption outweighs the actual product.

Get som inspiration from your competition:

https://www.lionsorbet.com/lionsorbet-education/the-best-jewellery-website-designs-2017-top-20

Conversion rate is not something that instantly jumps by virtue of building a website. Promoting your sight will occupy a large portion of your time. 

0 Likes