Tips for my store? Please help because no one is buying yet

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello everyone, 

I would appreciate if someone could give me tips and tricks what I could do better with my store: www.chdzone.com

People are finding their way to the store but no one is buying anything :( If a normal conversion rate is between 1-2% someone should have bought something by now which means I'm really doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is. 

Some people have added products to their card but no one checked out and most people don't make it further than the homepage. 

I'll appreciate every piece of information you guys can give me :)

Thank you

Steff

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic for your store. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each of our ecommerce clients is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic.

I would work on making sure you are sending the right traffic to your store as it's a beautiful store and I don't see anything major wrong with it. Are you using Google Shopping campaigns right now? That would make a lot of sense for what you sell. We have a UK client in the homeware space and they do really well with Google Shopping. Here are some ways to make your store extra cool:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's pretty heavy on showing product you sell and it feels like an endless scrolling on the site. I would show less product and show your favourites or what you want people to sell

2. I would delay the popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Steff2 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After carefully reviewing I don't see reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey,

If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Logo is not professional enough just simple text.
  2. Add some social links to the footer for better connectivity.
  3. Also, You have around 624 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
  4. Also your search page is bit off and empty .Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
  5. I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
           Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you so much for your review. It is very helpful. 

I will try to set up Google Shopping since I heard that from different people already. Also, you're right with the product overload and I'll try to losen up the homepage a bit. And since I was so concentrated on setting up my shop the right way I didn't even think I could get the wrong kind of traffic. I am about to fix that as well. Thank you :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much :) I will try to create a sense of urgency and you're right, a FAQ is a must. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks a bunch :) I will work off the list piece by piece and I'm sure it will show results. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Thanks for your kind words. Happy to help you.
Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes