Total overhaul today. Looking for home page suggestions

Tourist
7 0 1

Did a total overhaul, new theme. Took new pictures with a professional camera. Still not the best as using it. More sections added like privacy, faq, ect. My about section is weak. It's hard to write about yourself. Looking for overall feedback and suggestions on what to add. I feel my homepage is lacking. https://okihandcrafted.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
525 9 147

Hi @OkiHandcrafted !

I can say that you have a really great shop, and you have done a good job!

1. You have amazing hero banner images, though there is a lack of CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 

3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 

4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. 

5. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided

6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.

7. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.

One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.

If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.

That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

8. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

9. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

10. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

12. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

13. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

14. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6  great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1820 116 276

Dear OkiHandcrafted,

Congratulations for your store!

Hope following suggestions will help you.

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 42-45 . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. 

okihandcraft.png

• Optimize your footer with newsletter sign up
  • Add Custom Slider with Call to Action - Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  • Use symbol instead of text "account
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Trust Badge : All the policies , Faq, Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial etc
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.  Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve. Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

If you need help please contact us.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
1 Like
Highlighted

The photos do look nice and that is a huge way to make your store standout. An area that needs work is on the design and branding of your store. May be worth working with a design to help flesh out your brand and make your store look unique. You don't want a store that looks like you used a basic Shopify theme.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. The layout of collection images that link to collection pages can be nicer. The homepage is light on text and telling us what your brand is about and who you are. Looking at sites you like and see what they do for their homepage

2. I would be careful on using black as your footer background as it can make text harder to read

3. Layout your About Us page so it looks organized and neat. There is no structure or format to it

4. Make sure all your main product images are either vertical or horizontal. Make this look consistent and help build your brand. Also make sure all the images are the exact same size

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. I wold move the "Secure Checkout With" logos to your footer. You don't need them on each product page

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like