Traffic But No Sales

Solved
Adara
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello!

I've recently opened my store sassypaw.store and I have had one sale thus far (from a supporting relative). I have created an Instagram to start building an audience as well as a Pinterest. I've used those social media apps mainly to drive traffic to my store, which has been working slowly, however, I've gotten no conversions yet. I'd love feedback on how I can get the people who are visiting my website to convert. It would also be extremely helpful if someone could look visit my website and tell me what you think from a consumer point of view. Any other feedback is 100% welcomed. I am new in e-commerce and want to improve my store as well as to grow an authentic community for pet owners and lovers. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

hi @Adara 

Overall, I think your store has  a good design, look professional and well-thought. However, there are definitely some areas that you can improve:

HOME PAGE

- Add buttons below the product images: when visitors can clearly see a button, it's more likely that they will click

PageFly_0-1617077921814.png

- The same thing goes with this section: You can test add CTA buttons after the text (tell your visitors what to do)

PageFly_1-1617077998884.png

- Add size guide for your product as it has size S, M, L, etc, your customers would need help to choose the perfect size for their pets

PageFly_2-1617078109698.png

- If possible, create a section for testimonial: it can help you increase the trust from store visitors

COLLECTION PAGE

- Use different badge color for products that are on sale to differentiate them from New products.

You can add FOMO effect to the products that are on sale buy add badge like 'Low in stock' or add countdown timer on the product page of products that are on sale

PageFly_3-1617078352499.png

PRODUCT PAGE

- Check why at the top, it says 5 reviews, then below it says No reviews

PageFly_4-1617078488750.png

PAGE SPEED

You recommend you take care of this as slow page leads to higher bounce rate: 

- Your home page weight is 5.11 MB (2MB is considered a good page speed).

To optimize the speed you can:

- Optimize the image size. We have some recommended tools here https://pagefly.link/xQKRAfpQ (they will help you optimize the image size without lowering the quality).

- You can also apply Lazy loading  (it can be done via code or you can use page builder like our product PageFly to implement Lazy load without coding)

In order to acquire more traffic, you can consider writing Blog posts with topics that are related to pets, I will help you grow organic traffic too (though it will cost time). Running ads can be another idea to acquire more traffic.

I also think you can check the Google Analytics of your store (if you've implemented it) and dig deep to understand your store visitors and their behavior. You will have more ideas to optimize.

I hope those ideas can be useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like'.

Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Hi @Adara ,

I would suggest you to start using fb campaigns to get some traffic to your stores. At this time when the competition is top-notch it is becoming extremely difficult to get organic traffic on your store.

Paid marketing is the way how almost all the e-commerce store owners driver there sales from.

You will need to put your products in front of users, and paid fb campaigns are the quick way to achieve that.

Try targeting lookalike of your past purchasers, this way you optimize campaign to find people with closest resemblance to people most likely to convert on your store. If you have significant abandoned cart, try retargeting campaigns. Most of sales for our clients comes in with this campaign. Try running prospecting campaigns for initial 30-45 days and once you have enough conversion start retargeting

Use this campaigns, we have seen our clients getting significant part of their sales by following below strategies:

• Cart abandoned campaigns - Show ads to people who have left cart abandoned on your store
  • Best Seller Campaigns - Show people who visited your store in the last 30 days, a carousel ad of the best seller in your store. The data is refreshed on daily basis.
  • Discounts/Sales Campaigns - Give discount coupons to your existing customers who might be interested in a product
  • Prospecting Campaigns - Find new audience which are similar to people who have visited or purchased from your store.
  • Social Media Base Campaigns- Target audience who engaged with your social media posts/ads.
  • Cross-sell /Upsell Campaigns- Cross sell or upsell products to audience who have already made a purchase from your store

You can also try this app Addyz. Its an ad automation and optimisation platform. It comes with predefined campaign strategies for full funnel audience targeting. This can make a significant difference in your advertising and improve your conversion rates, even with a low ad spend.

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales
bitbro
Tourist
4 1 1

I am in the same boat! 1 month of tweaking and paid social media ads and zero sales and just losses on marketing costs and giveaways lol. I think your site looks pretty good overall. Much better than some of the shopify sites I've looked at recently. 

Perhaps add  a popup sales coupon for new customers for 10-20% off their first purchase? I use "AZ sales and popups", its pretty good. Also change your pricing to end in ".99" for all your products. Its a psychological thing but people tend to pull the trigger more often when they see "1.99" vs "$2.00". It also keeps your pricing consistent as I see your pricing is a bit all over the place. Also when i click "all products" after clicking "shop now" from home page, I only see 3 total products. Maybe some missing links there?

Returns, tracking orders, and FAQs tabs maybe keep those tabs only on the Footer menu instead in case of "information overload". I would remove the blogs section until you have some blogs up.

For the contact us page I'm not sure which theme your using but my theme "brooklyn" had a default page for contact us where customer can just type in a message with their email and send. Not sure if you have that on your theme.

Also if your selling worldwide make sure to activate language translator and currency exchange apps on shopify or download some apps for all the specific non-english speaking countries that you target.

Good job!

Eddie

bitbro.ca

Adara
Tourist
6 0 2

I'm using a paid theme (I have to check the name of it), if it does have a default page for contact us I haven't come across it yet. Thank you so much also for your critique on my website, I've already implemented some of the things you suggested!

bitbro
Tourist
4 1 1

Awesome!

0 Likes
Mateus_Vale
Tourist
8 1 1

Dude, you have too much options. The dog bed for example has dozens of options. You do not need that. Choose 3 sizes that sell best and 3 or 4 colors. When you have too much, people are lost.

developer_2020
Shopify Partner
36 0 9

Some pet accessory stores are having success with listing their store on Upurr. It’s a store directory where you can list your store for free and it drives targeted shoppers to your store to help increase conversions. Can add your store at https://store.upurr.co.uk

0 Likes