Traffic and visitors adding to cart, but no purchases

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone, I recently started a Shopify store - Nameless Fitness

I've done some Facebook and Adwords marketing and have had around 400 visitors to my website over the past ~4 days and with 6 visitors adding an item to their cart recently. However, I haven't had any of those convert into sales.

I would love to hear any feedback on my site. Since this is my first store, I'm not too sure if I'm not being patient enough or if I'm overlooking something obvious.

Appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone, I recently started a Shopify store - Nameless Fitness

I've had around 400 visitors come onto my website - mostly through Facebook campaigns. Of the 400 visitors, I've only had 6 visitors add an item to their cart, but none of these converted into sales. I get on this end I might need to do more testing to see what works and what doesn't work to drive more traffic and conversions.

But I'd still love to hear any feedback on the store itself. I've tried to design the store so that the first thing a visitor sees is the unique customer proposition ("Fitness shouldn't be expensive because we avoid what traditional brands do") on the homepage (as well as the "Our Story" tab). I would love to hear if I'm getting that across well and if other sections of my site seem proper as well.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
439 32 62

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NamelessFitness.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Your website looks great. It's easy to navigate, the information is clear, and I can see that you've put work into the product titles, descriptions, and overall consistency in the store design and product images. At this point, it is a matter of continued focus on driving traffic to the store, but I think there are a few things you can consider to build trust with customers:

• Create a logo for Nameless Fitness. You can use a free tool like Hatchful to create your own logo, or you can work with a Shopify Expert to design something custom for your store. Customers will recognize and remember a logo, and it can also make your business look established and professional.
  • Add an FAQ page. You've got great information linked in the footer of your website on each of the policy pages, but some customers will want quick access to information without reading through those pages in detail. Adding an FAQ page provides another place for customers to find important information about your store. While the formal policy pages are important, the FAQ can feel more accessible and easy to read for many customers.
  • Focus on building your Facebook and Instagram pages. The number of followers and quality of engagement on your social media pages can factor into whether a customer decides that your store is trustworthy. Building a following on these social channels can also help you drive traffic to your store. I recommend checking out these resources for tips to help you build up your Facebook and Instagram pages:

Let me know what you think of those suggestions and if you have any questions about what I've mentioned here.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

You don't have tons of data to know if your ads are working or not. You'll need to get more Add To Cart to see if someone will convert. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I might show less product on the homepage since you don't have a large inventory

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Continue to work on and test your ads and creative (ad copy & images).  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @NamelessFitness 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Did you think about adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks for the help everyone! Really appreciate the time and effort you all put into reviewing my website and I'll be sure to try everyone's advice and A/B test. Thanks for everything!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey,

If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see a Account login/signin system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
    Also, logo is not professinal enough just simple text.

2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 20 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://namelessfitness.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help you.
Were you able to download Sparq. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes