I have been facebook advertising for about 2 weeks now. I have about 500 sessions and 3 add to carts but no sales. Can I get some help on identifying the problem?
I am following a youtube fb ad strategy & have spent around £60 on ads all together!
Sorry to hear, that has to be discouraging.
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch (we don't recommend you immediately go to Facebook):
On the product you are advertising, there is some work to be done on the wording. The product itself is a hair removal tool for the upper lip, chin, hands and etc. but in your text, you are specifically saying it is for eyebrows. Your title "Portable 2 In 1 Electric Shaving Eyebrow" would be better titled as "Mini Hair Removal Tool" or something of the like. "Shaving Eyebrow" implies you are shaving your whole eyebrow. People will tweeze the hairs around their eyebrows which the mini tip may be able to do but I wouldn't make eyebrows the entire focus of this tool. I think it will appeal to people because it is mini (small) and portable (can be thrown into a purse).
As for the model options, I assume one model is charged by batteries, the other option is a USB charger. If that is the case I would change the wording. "Dry Battery" to "Battery Operated (Batteries Not Included)". "USB Charging" I would change to "USB Charger".
There are many other text errors within the ad that need to be addressed as well.
At checkout, you have Free Tracked Shipping which is great. I'd add in an estimated shipping time as well. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.
I haven't gone through the rest of your store but if you are interested in getting more feedback, you can email us at email@example.com. We offer 1-1 sessions and can look more in depth into your store.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Just made the changes to my store which you pointed out. I have had to keep it more as a eyebrow trimmer as thats whats the facebook advertising says.
Could a simple thing like wording push away 100% of the traffic? Surely there must be a bigger problem. I would appreciate anymore feedback
It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. We fully understand the hardships you may have during the way, and it can be frustrating sometimes, but hold onto it as you've certainly invested a lot of time into it and it's too soon to tell whether it's a hero or a zero. You can check out this article on how you can optimize your home conversion rate of your homepage.
What is good
1. The design and layout is very clear and well-organized, I did not have much trouble navigating around your site at all and the vibe is consistently demonstrated throughout.
2. Shipping and Refund Policies in the Footer of the page, which is quite important as they can act as a assurance to your customers when they're shopping your products. This would build your store's creditability.
What can be improved
1. Make the Free Shipping Banner sticky. Repetitive display of your offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action.
2. More CTA Button and make it bigger for the Product List. Call-to-action buttons are vital to bring your visitors to the sales funnel. They act as a push to your customers to take a desired actions in your page. When designing your CTA, remember to make them catchy, stands out from the rest and make sure to keep them consistent across the page. Adding CTA on each product would be a great idea so that customers feel guided when browsing through your lists.
3. Display the sale badge more visibly attractive. I would certainly ignore the sale badge if I don't look closely into the picture.
II/ Collection page
1. More visible CTA Button for the Product List.
2. Check all the image sizes. It took me a while to load the Second Hover Image and I'm not sure customers will be patient enough to go through your store waiting for each one.
Overall, this is a very clean layout website and ì you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!
I think you homepage is really nice and clear. Imho you should to focus on product pages. Put more media to it, show to customers how your product works on pics or gif files. Imagine that you're potential client on your store. I think you are not gonna read all text on product page, you'll just skip it.
I have made some changes to my product page, taking on board the feedback.
I have gotten 2 sales since the change! which is giving me some hope.
I still want to ensure product page is perfect to increase those 2 sales... Could I get further feedback after my changes?
Product Page with media looks much better now! Take a look on your gif files. If you're running ad campaigns only on mobile devices everything is fine because on desktop gif files sizes are huge. Take a look on your text now. At this moment visually it looks like all the same. Make it more readable, put some accents with bold text or something like that.
Also I advice you to do not use "before & after" pics. You can pass FB moderation and your ads can run for a few days but then it could be banned. As Facebook Agents said to me, at first they review superficially your creative and after that they are checking your website. If they'll find something in creative, Facebook page, your online store that violates their rules you'll receive ban.