We've just opened www.gardenofsiam.com and Facebook advertising is getting us traffic alright but no sales. Also our bounce rates seem really high especially from some regions and can be as high as 70-80%. Yesterday all 20 visitors from the US spend 0 seconds.
Since this is my first shop I am wondering what is wrong? Am I getting the wrong kind of traffic, is the shop too slow? Are we expensive? I realize these are niche products and really depending on the right kind of audience to appreciate. We're also on Etsy with some of our products and while sales are also slow we are gaining some traction and it's not necessarily the cheaper products that get most attention but rather the more exclusive ones like handmade silk.
Feedback is really appreciated!
Solved! Go to the solution
After visiting your stores, I have some recommendations as follows:
- First, maybe you should change the target audience when you run Facebook ads
- You product is quite expensive so I think discount code would be helpful to boost your sales more easily
This is an accepted solution.
I'm Richard- CRO expert at PageFly. First of all, congratulations on your store, it looks really nice with animation and functions. However, when I check your page speed, here is the result:
1. Page speed
You know nowadays, most people make online purchases via their phones, so it's important to optimize the store on mobile view. Looking at the screenshot, your store's interactive time is almost 10 seconds, I think this is also why your bounce rate is quite high. Try to remove unused codes, and use the page elements like images, videos, etc., to increase the page responsive time.
The speed on the desktop version is improved a little bit, but I'm sure you can do better than that.
2. Page design
First, you need to add a search bar and even a chat box in the corner of the screen. This is important because customers can find help easily, and consequently, reduce the rate of exit your site.
Second, the collection image title and CTA button are not in the same style. You should put them, for example, in the left corner of the collection images (like the first image).
Third, this section should be full-width, to align with the above and below sections. This small detail can create an error or downgrade the user experience.
Add testimonials section
Reviews from the previous buyers have a great impact on visitors to your site's purchase decision. Also, this makes your store looks more professional.
Take advantage of this part. You need to include in the footer shipping and return policy and some other important links.
Other than that, the store looks really great. I hope my suggestions help you to increase the add-to-cart rate.
Have a great day!
Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at our shop! I wil definitely have a look at the things you said.
I agree about the speed of the page, that might be a reason. However, I just use a template and didn't change that much about it since I am not a web designer so this would require some effort to see how I can improve it. I saw that Google recommended all kinds of code but of course they don't say what happens when you do that!
Hello @GardenofSiam, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
- Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.
Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!