Traffic but no sales

Bflaherty03
Excursionist
31 0 3

Hello! 

I have been getting traffic from Facebook and Pinterest yet I have only had 1 "organic" sale. Looking for input on how to create more "social proof" and gain the trust of my customers to make a purchase. I have personally reached out to my abandoned carts yet still nothing. I have compared pricing and I feel I am competitive with the discount I am offering and free shipping. 

I can handle constructive criticism so please be honest. 

I did try to import reviews through alireviews or something like that but I did not care for the app. I currently have the free Growave app for reviews and wishlist. I want to implement a loyalty program but if I am not making sales I can not justify the app cost for that. 

Thanks for your help! 

Site: babsbotanicals.com

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3059 177 558

Hello @Bflaherty03, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. Here are some inputs from my side:

- I see the price are quite competitive. You should work on the pricing. That might be the reason to miss on sales.

- You should add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you need help with the app setup, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 12 61

Hello @Bflaherty03 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Bflaherty03
Excursionist
31 0 3

Hello @AiTrillion ,

Thank you again for your feedback, it is definitely helpful!

You mention that the prices are competitive, however, I have noted that after discount and free shipping offer most of my products end up cheaper than most of my competitors. Do you think It would be better to just charge shipping and make the prices cheaper without sale discounts? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Bflaherty03
Excursionist
31 0 3

Hello @CutOutWiz ,

Thank you for your feedback! It is appreciated!

0 Likes