This is my first shopify store and I would like to get feedback on ways that I can improve my store. I have been getting regular traffic of around 30 sessions per day for about two weeks and have not received any recent sales. Some of that traffic was purchased with google and Facebook ads that where specifically meant bring in converting traffic. However, even with the consistent sessions, the site has a high bounce rate and low sales. Can anyone who has experience in this area provide assistance please?
my URL: https://dogjoydeals.com/
Just take a look at your store and have some comments for you:
- `In this picture, there are two sections that I want to mention:
+ 1 is the menu: you need to remember that the maximum of navigation parts is 5. So I think you can create a mega menu to make it look cleaner.
+ 2 are banners. The banners are very important in first glance. You need to have banners with CTA buttons and your messages. They will guide your customers to the shopping pages in the fastest way.
I see you're having banners in the second section, so moving the section to the upper is a perfect solution.
- Add Quickview buttons here to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
- You're lacking some sections on your homepage:
+ Your story: Why you start this business.
+ Instagram gallery where you can show your Instagram content.
I've seen your Instagram account, and for now, this looks quite simple. If you want to update, you need to have content with your photos.
Just wondering your customers see your inspirational messages, you'll be encouraged to buy immediately.
Also, you can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create an Instagram gallery with ease and also make it shoppable if you have some product photos.
- On your product pages, except for two big "Add to Cart" and "Buy now" button, everything is great.
- Besides the site, the marketing strategy is also a part that you need to care about.
I've seen quite many businesses that sell the same products as your store, so if you want to compete with them, you need to have better offers. Like lower prices, specific products. etc.
Moreover, you need to check the analytics better. Ask yourself questions like How long your customers stay? What page do they visit the most? How long for each?
You need to dig in more your store performance to see how your store works.
Hope this helps!
As far as analytics goes customers do not stay on product pages very long. I have been trying to fix the oversized buttons. But I don't think that would be the sole reason why customers don't stay on the page for very long. Also, not every customer price checks between stores and, even if they did, how could I communicate to them that I offer the best prices?
About the homepage, most of the traffic that comes to my store is landing on a product page and not the homepage. Sorry about that miscommunication. So I'm really wondering why customers do not stay on product pages for very long and why they do not make purchases if the only thing wrong are the oversized buttons?
Also, would you happen to know a code that would make my oversized buttons look as they should?
Just want to notice that two buttons are not the problem.
And about the price that I've mentioned. When I check some products on Amazon, it seems it has better prices.
I think your product pages are attractive enough. So don't worry about them.
Hi @Emmanuel12 !
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. Try adding sub-menus so that the menu items will fit in the same line. Also add other pages like Contact U, About Us to the end of the menu.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
5. A FAQ would be useful!
6. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
7. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
8. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hi @Emmanuel12 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
2. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with the following details:
Website Navigation: The product catalog is broken down into different collections & categories, a simple call-to-action on customer support/forms that try to convert website visitors to newsletter subscribers.
Website Technical and Legal Information: Terms and Conditions, Refund and Return Policy,
FAQ: Answer some of the most common questions customers have related to your products, payment, shipping, return, and refund.
Security & Credibility: Showcase your awards, security certificates, and badges to demonstrate to visitors that your website is trustworthy.
3. Add a Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and the option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!