Traffic but no sales

Jea
Excursionist
48 0 8

Hello! I've launched my store one month ago. I have had 645 targeted visits in the store but only 6 sales and 5 abandoned checkouts.

Can you have a look on my store and give me feedbacks on how I could improve it and make it trustworthy?

The store: https://urharness.com/products/personalized-no-pull-dog-harness

Thank you.

Hi @Jea 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants.

I am happy to leave my recommendation for your store.

Your store has some good points:

• Have a favicon: This is one of the great things to make your store unique. 
  • Have rating star for the product
  • Have an announcement bar to show the shipping policy

However, I have some recommendations for you

1. Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

2. Add a CTA button on the hero banner

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

High Quality Personalized Dog Harness No Pull Vest _ URHARNESS 2021-04-09 08-22-24.png

3. Add customer reviews/ testimonials

Have a rating star is a good point. However, many people want to see other reviews. When visitors visit your store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! This helps to increase the conversion rate for your store. So you should add testimonials/product reviews to your store. . You can consult my Stellar template here about displaying testimonials

Stella – PageFly 2021-02-17 07-48-04.png

4. Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

5. Add color swatches instead of a variant dropdown

Dropdown selectors in some cases are overlooked and it hides color options. Customers have to open many times while color swatches provide the visibility and clearly color options.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2816 176 474

Dear @Jea 

Congratulations on your store!

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Improve your store speed for mobile

urspeed.png

• Improve on page SEO
  • At footer: add social profiles, align links in the column, move currency changer at the top
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• Do Cart Page Modification with discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @Jea, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store and here are some inputs from  my side:

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It will help your store to look more trustworthy.

- On the homepage, add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process. So instead of having to add items to the cart, going to the cart page, and then to the checkout page, they can go from the product page to the checkout page in one click. This way, you reduce drop-offs and cart abandonment.

Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- You can add a countdown timer to curiosity among customers to make a purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @Jea,

I've taken a look at your store and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-urharness-2021-04-09-08_03_32.png

First, your homepage. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

The other thing I would say about your homepage is that the products description is making the page quite long because you've got the product to the left and then all of the information to the right of the product. I would recommend tweaking it so that your information is spread out over the full width of the page instead. Because this is a one product store, you shouldn't need to click "Shop", you can display all of the information needed to purchase on the homepage. Things like policies, order lookup and contact information can have their own page but those links can be placed in the footer area or have links to these other areas on the homepage.

Moving onto your traffic. You mentioned you have gotten 645 targeted visitors. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). 

I don't know how or where you are running your ads but a few things you might want to look into:

• Don't make the ads too broad > ads should be targeted and specific to your niche (dog owners)
  • Be mindful of the platform where you are running ads > Don't default to Facebook, each social platform has a user demographic that you need to be mindful of. Run ads where your target audience spends their time

As for your store, two things I'll mention.

• You need an estimated shipping time at checkout. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

harness-shipping.png

• I would make your currency converter more obvious. It defaults to GBP and at first glance I thought that was the only currency so that's something I'd work on. Most people outside of that currency aren't going to take the time to look around, they will simply land, see GBP and click off. It switches back to GBP again at checkout so I feel this would be a deterrent.

I will leave it at that for now but I'd like to personally invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We cover everything your store is struggling with: high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes