Traffic but no sales

michellesother
Tourist
4 0 0

I am getting a good amount of traffic to my store but no sales. A couple of customers added to cart but no sale. I read all articles on the forums, tried all suggested apps, played with my background color, have hotjar, etc. but most customers do not seem to leave the 1st page. Any Help?

0 Likes
appfreaker_com
Shopify Partner
1920 37 234

Can you share your store URL?

Thanks,

Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
michellesother
Tourist
4 0 0
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hi @michellesother 

I can understand, it must be frustrating. 

It's pretty clear where your problem lies. You website conversions.

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

How are you sending traffic to your website? What platforms, and what kind of targeting are you using? I think you should do an audit of that data.

I had a look at your website. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find about what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  2. Also, the first fold font color - the word “other” is lost in the black over the model’s black hair. It doesn’t give a very confident look :)
  3. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very clear on your website. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO).
  4. You should add as much detail as possible for the products. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  5. Add an about us page. Again, this adds a human touch to your store experience. And if you make it a story that people can relate to, it forms an emotional connection between your brand and the customers. Tell people about who the team is (or who you are), add photos and make it friendly.
  6. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users.
  7. Your catalog is huge and can be overwhelming. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  8. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  9. Lastly, testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this helps. It has to be either the quality of traffic or the quality of your website experience which is the bottleneck. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Michelle's Other Closet,

Below listed points would surely help improve your store sales rate:

• The "header menu" contains a lot of elements which looks clumsy.
  • Instead, attach a "dropdown menu" to the extreme header left, instead of a "horizontal menu" to avoid making the header look cumbersome.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I wish you all the luck for the further journey! 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
michellesother
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for your feedback. I redid my entire store(my choice/better theme) and feel that I have a much nicer theme now.

0 Likes
luke325
5 0 0

I have also that kind of problem related to my store of canoe surfer.Here is the lots of traffic on it but the sale is average. 

0 Likes

Hello @michellesother ,

I just had a look at your store, it looks really great, there are few suggestions from my side, hope that helps you

• I have noticed that there is no reviews option on the product page, try implementing the reviews option so that your customers can be able to choose the best product and also they will start trusting your products with the reviews written by other customers.
  • Also please try to add SEO friendly titles for your products so that it will be very helpful in marketing your products.
  • I have also noticed that there are no trust badges at the checkout page, adding trust badges makes the customers know that your site is safe to shop and their personal information will be secured and also they are safe at checkout.
  • There is no favicon for your site, try adding a favicon to your site so that it looks more professional.

Hope our feedback helps you,

Regards,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
418 9 69

@michellesother 

Hi Trust you are doing good. I am Vinod from Bombay India.

I saw your website below is my feedback.

1. Good clothing collections.

2 On the home page (cart icon) is missing.

3. Correct the TOP MENU it is getting cut I am looking your website on LAPTOP.

4. Please mention shipping policy on your website.

5. Add about us and contact page with a pic of your store and / or team pic. if it's an individual person store add a pic of owner with story to create more trust.

6. Facebook URL is not placed correctly.

7. Please add product description and product material on the product details page. As some product have detailed description some do not example below

NO DETAILED DESCRIPTION

https://michellesothercloset.com/collections/pants-such/products/womens-aztek-off-shoulder-2-piece-s...

DETAILED DESCRIPTION

https://michellesothercloset.com/products/women-romantic-two-piece-set-sexy-backless-spaghetti-strap...

8. Are you drop shipping these products if yes are you drop shipping from LOCAL USA or OUT From USA

9. Add a good logo :)

Please let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to serve you.

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
ZacWyatt
Shopify Partner
44 2 11

Have you created social proof for your store? It's important to increase your sales. Ads can help you get high traffic, but if your store is not trustful and impressive enough, you can't turn traffic into sales. Customers tend to check reviews before purchasing, so that you can try to import some more reviews to help gain trust for your store to get more orders. There are some review apps in App Store that can help. I currently build trust for my store using Ali Reviews app. This app collects multiple user reviews at once, then you can filter good reviews to highlight your products. This app also has "up sell email automation" which you can use to send automated email to get more orders from customers. So if you're struggling with your conversion rate. You may want to consider app like this. Hope they can help! Wish you best! 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
0 Likes