Traffic but slow sales

Solved
SJ90
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi everyone, 

I am looking for some feedback on my store, it would be great to have all your input. I have only just started so stock is minimal at the moment but not sure if this is holding me back. 

Look forward to hearing your comments. 

www.oliveandwillowinteriors.co.uk

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @SJ90 How are you doing?

I am Johnny, a professional shopify developer, manager and ecommerce marketer with over 4 years of experience.

I have reviewed your store and here are what I recommend that you update in your store.

* More products in the homepage instead of just the collections only
* Add more banner and activate slider with clear CTA button directing traffic to product page, collection...
* Add CTA buttons to the products saying  SHOP NOW/BUY NOW

You can view www.dabati.com foor inspiration and move forward

If you find this helpful, kindly like it.
You see it as solution? Kindly Tick as solution.
You need an expert to work on this? Contact Johnny

0 Likes

Hi @SJ90 ,

This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. 

PageFly_0-1611815483598.png

You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it. If the logo is quite big, I suggest we can move it to the left side. 

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

PageFly_1-1611815484083.gif

Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.

2. Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

PageFly_2-1611815484056.png

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted.

3. Add more content on your homepage

• Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information to your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling. I think you should put 1 specific product detail, the best seller collections, the new arrivals collection, for example, before the section “How it works” and instead of “Pick What You'd Like to Try”.
  • Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is displayed on our page templates, you can refer to more.

PageFly_3-1611815483813.png4. Improve the display of the collection list

In your pages, you show your collection list here. You should display this one as 4:1 (4 collections - 1 row) or 2:2, 3:3. It should not be 3:1 like this picture.

PageFly_4-1611815483192.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage (link )

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly  is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2449 142 443

Hello @SJ90, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- There is a blank space in the header. It should not be there.

Screenshot - 2021-01-28T160644.093.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

- Add popup to increase the newsletter subscribers so you can reach customers through email campaigns.

- Add 'buy now' on the product page.

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
SJ90
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it and have made some changes already. With the hero banner I have some new products which I am wanting to use.

0 Likes

hey @SJ90 , hope you are doing goof. I have few feedbacks for your store, which can improve your store's conversion:

• In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting collections such as Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
  • Send abandoned cart emails, If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
  • Build confidence by using social proof, Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
  • Adding Product Stickers / Trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

Shopping-Cues-1536x842.png

Thank you,
Mufeed Aziz
0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 273

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @SJ90!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You have a beautiful store and products, you've done a great job!

Starting out can be tough and January is a bit of a slow month for retail, other than post-holiday sales so I would definitely give it time. Perhaps you can do some sort of special for Valentine's Day with a few products around that theme.

A good conversation rate for a new store is around 2 - 4 %. If you're getting at least 1000 visitors a month but your conversation rate is lower than that, it is either to do with the customer's experience on your store or you are possibly targeting the wrong people. It's important to define your audience. If however, you have less than 1000 visitors per month, then I'd focus on driving more traffic. 

To gain an insight into the experience your visitors are having, you can install an app such as Lucky Orange. It shows you heat maps so you can see where your visitors are going and you can watch recordings to see their behaviour. It will give you an idea if something about your store is putting them off from making a purchase. 

Work on growing your social media presence to give yourself an audience to market to. You've done well so far with around 300 followers on each platform but I would definitely suggest you work on that daily to keep growing those numbers. I see your Instagram feed is just your products. Have a think about what else you can post to add value to your community. The 30-30-30 rule is a good approach. 30% of posts are about your brand and products, 30% is spent talking about others (could be an announcement about an event that is on which is relevant to your niche or a post about a TV interior designer you admire) and 30% posting fun and engaging content. This could be home decor tips and tricks or posts about new trends. This leaves 10% for genuine, on the fly engagement where you respond to every comment people leave for you (unless it's inappropriate for some reason) and comment on the photos of your followers and potential followers. You can set your Instagram posts up in advance using a tool such as Later and Facebook posts can be scheduled using Facebook Publishing Tools. You can learn more about Social Media Marketing with the free courses on Shopify Compass.

The esthetics of your store is stunning but there are a few minor things I would change. The menus could flow a little better. I would add the Shop All to the shopping drop down and make your Our Story menu more prominent. 

Your Social Media links are taking people away from your website. There's a good chance they won't go back if they leave. It's always best to have it set up so they open in a new tab

I notice you have your email address on your website. There are bots that crawl websites looking for email addresses so they can spam them. I would remove it and instead use a contact form. As an added benefit, your customers will be able to email you without having to open their email account. Putting a physical address or mailing address on your Contact page will help build trust. Customers like to know where you are based. I can understand if you don't want to include a phone number, being a small business but you can instead install a chat option such as Facebook Messenger or Shopify chat. This will be a lot more efficient than email. The faster your customers can get answers to their questions, the more they will trust you to also respond quickly if something goes wrong with their order.

You can get more tips on making your store look professional and trustworthy in this post.

Other than that, just keep thinking about what you can do to build a community around your brand. Products alone are not enough to keep your followers engaged. Think about starting a blog on your store to share home decor tips. Check out the Overstock blog for inspiration. This will give people another reason to visit your website other than to shop and will in turn boost your SEO.  

Keep in touch. Let me know how things progress with your store. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Propelguru
Excursionist
160 0 11

Ways to increase sales on your online store-

1. Be honest with what you present in your sales copy.
  2. Use ad extension to get more ad clicks. 
  3. Show your testimonials of your customers.
  4. Create a sense of emergency in front of your audience.
  5. Offer few choices in the beginning.
0 Likes