Traffic, not a single sale, can you tell what's wrong?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

Do you have an idea why i'm not making a single sale? How and what should i improve on this product or on my store as whole?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Bump!

0 Likes
6 0 0

Product too small for that price. I wouldn't buy it. Would find something with less features but cheaper.

Consumer 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Freedom Closet, Thank you for your feedback. I've changed the price, i will see how it evolves.

0 Likes
Excursionist
168 0 12

Hello there, 

Just visited your site. You have covered almost all the basic areas. I loved the "About Us" section. Here are some of my suggestions where you can work on

·         Product images are bigger in size than normal.

·         All the product images are not in same size.

·         Your facebook page has some beautiful landscapes but no product images!

·         Instagram does not have any post at all.

This is a common problem for e-commerce business owners that they get lot of traffic but very low in conversion. One of the main reason for this problem is generated traffic is not actually your customer (if generated through paid promotion) or may be what they are expecting and what they are seeing when in site are not similar.

Finally, I think your price is comparatively higher than other e-commerces.

Thanks- Kaoser

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Kaoser, Thank you for your warm feedback, i'll definitely improve the weaknesses you've listed above.

I loved the "About Us" section

Glad to see that, i've put a lot of heart into it :-)

This is a common problem for e-commerce business owners that they get lot of traffic but very low in conversion...

Yes, i'm doing some cold advertising on adwords search, which mean there is no visible pictures of the product. I try to write the most accurate description, and also include the price to have the minimalist bounce rate, but i still get a lot of people who are leaving before the first 10 seconds. I think i will change my advertising strategy an go more towards picture or video ones.

Finally, I think your price is comparatively higher than other e-commerces.

Probably, i'm doing some adjustments on every products right now, but i still have a lot to do when it come to prices, at the beginning i've aligned my prices on Oberlo's average product price, even a little below most of the times. If i lower the price of some of my prodcts even more i will make no profit, worse i may lose money if i add taxes into the equation.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Please define what you mean by traffic.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1130 3 81

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. ?

Just to add to some of the responses above. I took a look at your store and can see you put a lot of work into it already. I can also see you are very passionate about what you are selling and the industry it is centered around. A few things which I think you can work on moving forward:

• As mentioned in a previous response, I also love the "About Us" section and think you should highlight much more prominently because of that. One thing I did think you can improve in in that section is the grammar, specifically at the beginning of the second paragraph. To take this all one step further, starting a blog would also be a nice addition to the store. The industry and types of products you could discuss in there appeal to a certain audience and there is so much to discuss. 
  • I saw you have set up a Facebook and Instagram profiles. This is really good to see and can help you find the right audience for your store. Organic Instagram engagement could work very well for you here due to the type of industry you are involved in. By finding other people on Instagram who are as passionate as you are, getting involved and creating conversations with them without pushing for a sell will have people become curious, hopefully, see your story on the store and become more invested. There was a very good podcast going into more detail on this from a successful Shopify Partner talking to a store owner which you can find here

Keep up the good work. 

Nick

1 Like
Pathfinder
285 0 40

Maybe it's because there are similar products on Amazon for a cheaper price.

https://www.amazon.com/NPET-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Multi-function-Emergency/dp/B06XFXPDY8/ref=sr_1_...

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. ?

HA! so you must be the "direct" OSX traffic I had that I was wondering about. :'D Darn! not a client yet, I'm so desperate, haha. Hi Nick!

Thank you for cheering, a pat on the shoulder helps a lot, and I'm not being sarcastic.
It gets harder and harder not to get discouraged after 5 months of constant work with zero rewards.

Just to add to some of the responses above. I took a look at your store and can see you put a lot of work into it already. I can also see you are very passionate about what you are selling and the industry it is centered around. A few things which I think you can work on moving forward:

• As mentioned in a previous response, I also love the "About Us" section and think you should highlight much more prominently because of that. One thing I did think you can improve in in that section is the grammar, specifically at the beginning of the second paragraph. To take this all one step further, starting a blog would also be a nice addition to the store. The industry and types of products you could discuss in there appeal to a certain audience and there is so much to discuss.

The Blog, yes! I've made up my mind a few days ago, installed Grammarly, and began to write the first article to get some juicy organic traffic. However, its well knows that articles that work the best on non-authority site are at least 2000 words. Still a lot of work ahead of me and no reward in sight my captain! I guess I'll start to Grammarlyfie my store and see if there is nothing wrong about my writing.

• I saw you have set up a Facebook and Instagram profiles. This is really good to see and can help you find the right audience for your store. Organic Instagram engagement could work very well for you here due to the type of industry you are involved in. By finding other people on Instagram who are as passionate as you are, getting involved and creating conversations with them without pushing for a sell will have people become curious, hopefully, see your story on the store and become more invested. There was a very good podcast going into more detail on this from a successful Shopify Partner talking to a store owner which you can find here.

I'll definitely give a try to the Instagram tip of the podcast.
Thank you.

1 Like