Turning website views into sales

Tourist
6 0 0
Hello we are a clothing brand and started trading 3 weeks ago, www.anesiclothing.co.uk we are getting on average 100 views per day but are struggling to get many sales. We are using facebook and instagram advertising and getting the views and click but hardly any sales. Is there any tip people have on what we could do to our website to improve sales? Thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
657 60 129

Hey there, @Anesiclothing 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for getting in touch and well done on launching your store. It is good to hear that you are getting good traffic to your store, however, is this traffic "good traffic"? Your store is very niche in the terms of the style of clothing you are going for and that it is exclusively men's clothing - are your ads targeted as such? I would recommend taking a look at our guide on targeted traffic here for some insights. 

While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions.  With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this tee? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Taking a look at your footer I noticed that you are missing your social media links: 

Be sure to add these in as having the Follow Us title there without a link to your social media makes your site look somewhat unfinished. Additionally, I would recommend adding in your Privacy Policy and Shipping Policy to the footer menu as these are both things prospective buyers will be looking for. 

I can see that you have your contact information listed on your contact page. This is easily accessible which is super important, however, I would also consider adding a contact form to the page. This is simply because people can be lazy, to be honest. Instead of copying the email and logging in to their email provider, a lot of users would rather just fill out a form right there on the page. You can find out how to do this here. 

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our app store, the home to all of our best apps!

You could benefit from adding recommended products to your product pages. This is a great way to upsell other products on every product page, increasing your chances of converting some visits to sales. We have a guide on setting this up here. 

I noticed that you did not have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. You can read up on this in our guide to writing a persuasive About Us page here.

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like

Hi @Anesiclothing 

Every Shopify website that has done anything worth talking about has at least 12/14 of the key things any website needs to make it. At the moment your website has about 7 of them. I'll list few things below I think you need to work on. 

Home Page: This need to flow well. I think you have got of to great start here.

• Slideshow 
  • Collection List 
  • Something Interesting ( Image with text or blog ) 
  • Newsletter 
  • Popular Products ( 4 - 8 Max ) I'd go 4 personally 

Product Page: Build trust here 

• Product Title 
  • Reviews 
  • Buttons 
  • Trust Badges 
  • 1-2 Sentence talking about the product 
  • Bull Points 
  • Related items 

Footer Menu: While a lot of people don't click on these links they build lots of trust. I'd Add 

• Policy ( privacy , Shipping , FAQ's ) 
  • Social Icons ( Open New Browser ) 

Overall I think you have done a good job. Keep up the good work. I'll also email you something I think will help you out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes

You have a great brand and store so far, here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. I'll leave a second post about how we think about marketing an ecom brand for our clients.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for about us and FAQ. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make a sizing chart page and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

4. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

5. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
86 3 14

Hi @Anesiclothing ,

Site looks great and the other commentators have given some great feedback on areas to improve. 

I want to focus on traffic. As @DuaneBrown correctly said - not all traffic is created equal.

Firstly, we need data.

- You have 100 views / day. How many unique visitors do you have?

- You mentioned 'hardly any sales' - on average how many sales / day do you receive?

- How are you targeting your FB and IG ads?

Once we see some data on the traffic and overall conversions we can start diving deeper.

- Do you have a funnel of your site with drop off rates for each step a user takes (landing page / product page, cart, shipping page, payment page, successful purchase, etc)?

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
We have had 32 sales in the last 4 weeks but the majority is people that we know, no we dont have this app i will install it and check it out! Thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
122 8 13

Hey @Anesiclothing,

I loved your store. Astounding products. Before wasting all your money on Facebook ads learn that your site doesn't convert your traffic sales—You need to validate your website before you spend money on traffic (ads). You need to make your store ready for engagement. Make sure your store is ready to capture and engage new visitors. If not then you may end up losing all your money. Because if you’re seeing a good amount of traffic but it’s not translating into sales, it may indicate there’s something about your site that’s not convincing customers to go through with a purchase.

Let's discuss it in detail? I would love to share my suggestions on how to engage, retain and capture visitors on your store.

Regards,

Aitrillion

We help eCommerce brands acquire, scale, convert and retain their customers & visitors. Skyrocket your sales and get guaranteed engagement in your store. Get all the actionable insights at your fingertips: AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0
Thanks for your feedback! Yeah id love to get your opinion on what we could improve on out website!

Thanks
0 Likes

I like your store. Perhaps the problem is not in it. Have you analyzed the details of Google Analytics in detail?

0 Likes