Updating Stock On-Hand when the order is PAID for

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

I'm sure there are other sites with the same problem that we experience and I have requested that Shopify make an amendment to rectify this, without any success.

A client places an order and the stock on-hand is automatically reduced by the amount ordered. Great if the order is paid for. In our country the tendency is to NOT pay for it! So the stock on-hand has been reduced (eventually) to zeros yet there is in fact plenty of stock.

I suggested that Shopify add a selection button to only reduce the stock on-hand when the order is PAID for. No response.

Anyone with a similar problem? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @dialsandstyles 

Is there a reason that your customers can't pay for the item before it ships ? I'm sure there is just not sure. That would make life much easier for you. 

You could also put a request in through "Shopify Experts" for someone to have a look at this for you. That might be better option then support for something like this. 

Shopify Experts link HERE 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Clayton

Thanks for the response.

We don't ship the item until it is paid for. Most of our clientele are under the impression that they will receive the item once they place the order and that's a mindset that we cannot change.

I note your suggestion in getting an expert to rectify our problem.

With thanks

Marc

0 Likes