Upgrade to paid theme benefits for my site?

Jimbo10
1 0 0

Hi all, thinking of upgrading our free theme (Brooklyn) to a paid theme.

Not sure which theme would suit the best or whether it's worth the extra $180? 

www.wrigglecrew.co.nz

What are your thoughts please? Thanks so much in advance!

Also, what are your recommendations around online SEO courses?

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there,

Upgrading to a premium theme can be a great choice, if a free theme doesn't offer you functions or design elements you need, like a more bespoke product page, or more homepage elements. A Narrative theme is great choice, if you have plenty of images to show off. It's great to narrow down themes and filter them by the niche or size of your store, and then choose the theme that you like the most.

Also, you can find plenty of free SEO tips on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLti8pfxsGIc2fo_jmu1Sxg 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 73 131

Kia Ora!

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

Deciding whether to pick a paid theme or not depends on what features you feel you need to help your business in this next chapter.

You've got a fantastic store as it is, but perhaps you're looking at ways to include new content on your store? Or you're expanding your product line? Or you're looking for different navigation or layout?

If you can determine what main reason(s) you'd have for wanting to upgrade your theme, you can then visit our theme store and filter themes on that basis:

20-09-j2bol-sf58q

It's worth remembering too that if you opt for a third-party theme (and there are plenty of good reasons for doing so) you will also be buying the support of the theme developers, as Shopify's support would naturally be a little more limited.

Meanwhile, I would take the opportunity to recommend that you do, in fact, inject a little more content into your store to help relay your message, establish yourselves as an authority in your industry, and boost your SEO rankings. Create a blog for example, and /or add a video to your store!

In terms of SEO, here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. I also have more general information on that here. The main steps that you can take for good SEO are here:

* Submit your sitemap to Google.
* A Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing.
* Ecommerce SEO 101 Video Series.
* Find out more about blogs.

Here’s how you can look up keywords to help boost your site’s ranking.

I guess the important thing to keep in mind is that SEO is really about anticipating what sort of phrases your customers might use to search for your site within Google. So think in terms of what sort of questions they may ask, how they might look for certain products, and try to include those terms in your content.

One way to do this is to create a FAQ page. There's a fantastic post about how to do it, why you need, and 10 great examples right here. You can use a Frequently Asked Questions page to sort of anticipate what people might be searching for in Google, thereby increasing the chances of your site being presented as an answer.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes